S&W Performance Center 327

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those were sorta my thoughts, too. But, he said he fired one (50 rounds) with no bad recoil effects.

Frankly, with the recoil would expect, I'd still like to have one. It's got some great features. Did i say, 8 rounds?

Oh, one other little item I forgot - $1,050.

Damn, I was about to go look how much they cost. DAYMN....$$$$$

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Luke, that looks very much like it. Just different checkering and color of wood. I'll be putting this one on my list. Thanks.

That is definitely the grip as Altamont makes Smith's specialty wood grips for them these days. They should custom cut that specific checkering pattern upon request (at a modest cost) if you email them an example photo. That particular grip is super rosewood finish with stipple checkering and laser logo.

I just ordered three sets of K/L conversion targets (see photo below) that they custom cut with medallions and the cost was less than $190 after shipping (only $59 each). IMO Altamonts are the best bang for your buck when it comes to wheelgun grips. You can hardly tell that they are laminates in person.

5lHNbsmh.jpg

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't remember which forum it was, maybe Glocktalk... but a guy was chrono'ing loads out of one of these..... it was disappointing IMO.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have its cousin, the 327 Night Guard:

D7B5AFA7-35D7-4318-9668-E25A1420D608.jpeg

Of all the revolvers I’ve handled and shot, this one points the most naturally in my hands. I was so impressed with how readily the front sight came up on the target, that the 327 is the only revolver I’ve kept after selling off all the others I had. IMHO, the rubber grips do a better job mitigating the recoil of full-power 357 rounds than the wooden grips I’ve handled, but I definitely still feel it.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I kinda expected there would be some conflict with Lee's perception of recoil in this one. There are so many variables involved with how we feel recoil. Some of them are just a function of how we present the weapon. I'd still like to shoot it, just for the funs. The Nightguard is probably more sensible.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't remember which forum it was, maybe Glocktalk... but a guy was chrono'ing loads out of one of these..... it was disappointing IMO.

Exactly. Short as That barrel is I’m betting it won’t break 900fps, which is still lethal, but a far cry from what a 6” will produce.

Latest posts

Top Bottom