S&W Pro series?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbc

Marksman
Reaction score
So I'm looking to buy the mp9 m2.0 performance center c.o.r.e.. Now where I'm running into confusion is some are listed as mp9 m2.0 performance center pro series c.o.r.e. and some do not have the pro series. It is also written on the slide in some images but either I cant see it or it isn't there on others. I cannot find any satisfactory explanation on what the pro series is. All I can find is it is bridging the gap? So I'm wondering if the one that isn't pro series is of a higher quality or if some websites are just not adding it to the title or if the pro series is of a higher quality. I've found the gun on sale but it's a pro series and it's about 100 dollars cheaper but if it isn't as good as the non pro series then I'd rather spend the money.

Kendall

Marksman
Reaction score
Thank you for looking but that can't be correct either because the one I've found on sale is pro and ported

Easiest way to tell what you are looking at is with the sku number. Usually a 5 or 6 digit number starting with a 1.

Is it a 2.0 model? I believe they named some of the older models as you described. Or you could be right and they are just poor descriptions. That is why I always find the sku and cross reference elsewhere.

With Smith & Wesson. It generally goes base model, Pro Series and then Performance Center as far as number of “upgrades.”

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for looking but that can't be correct either because the one I've found on sale is pro and ported

I’m not up with M&P changes the last year or so like I was prior.
But, I’ve never seen a ported one that was not a performance center gun.

In the 1.0s the pro series were available in 4.25 and 5” and has a slightly better trigger and night sights. The 4.25 had “pro series” laser engraved and the 5” had it ball milled like the rest of the markings.

The performance series added a trigger overtravel stop, and more stippling on the interchangeable backstrap. Some performance series were ported.

There were changes between original and 2.0 C.O.R.E cuts. The plates are not interchangeable. The 2.0 is slightly longer. The plates are plastic instead of metal.

I chose to build a carry gun with a RDS from a 2.0 standard 4.25” full size that I already had instead of messing with the C.O.R.E. plate system and its limitations.

It already shot very well out of the box, but it is very sweet now.

IMG_8202.jpg

Jbc

Marksman
Reaction score
I’m not up with M&P changes the last year or so like I was prior.
But, I’ve never seen a ported one that was not a performance center gun.

In the 1.0s the pro series were available in 4.25 and 5” and has a slightly better trigger and night sights. The 4.25 had “pro series” laser engraved and the 5” had it ball milled like the rest of the markings.

The performance series added a trigger overtravel stop, and more stippling on the interchangeable backstrap. Some performance series were ported.

There were changes between original and 2.0 C.O.R.E cuts. The plates are not interchangeable. The 2.0 is slightly longer. The plates are plastic instead of metal.

I chose to build a carry gun with a RDS from a 2.0 standard 4.25” full size that I already had instead of messing with the C.O.R.E. plate system and its limitations.

It already shot very well out of the box, but it is very sweet now.

View attachment 210459

So you took it to a gunsmith and had it milled? I've thought about that because it's supposed to be a better connection then using a plate right?

The problem is I've seen performance center pro series and just performance center and I'm not sure what the difference is or which is the highest quality.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you took it to a gunsmith and had it milled? I've thought about that because it's supposed to be a better connection then using a plate right?

The problem is I've seen performance center pro series and just performance center and I'm not sure what the difference is or which is the highest quality.

It is better than using a plate “IF” the right person is doing the work and “IF” you are committed to the optic platform you are milling it for. It is also much lower than a factory system, I’m lower 1/3 (or 1/4) co-witnessing with a factory height sight using a 509T.

I’m extremely picky and they are very few I would allow to mill my slide.

If I decide to change to a different optic that will not fit in a couple of years, I’m willing to buy another slide or sell this and build a new gun.

I don’t think there is a difference in quality between the two you are looking at, only features.

What specific SKU numbers are you looking at?

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is better than using a plate “IF” the right person is doing the work and “IF” you are committed to the optic platform you are milling it for. It is also much lower than a factory system, I’m lower 1/3 (or 1/4) co-witnessing with a factory height sight using a 509T.

I’m extremely picky and they are very few I would allow to mill my slide.

If I decide to change to a different optic that will not fit in a couple of years, I’m willing to buy another slide or sell this and build a new gun.

I don’t think there is a difference in quality between the two you are looking at, only features.

What specific SKU numbers are you looking at?

Who did you have perform your milling and refinishing of the slide? I am interested in doing the same thing to mine.

Thanks,

David

Latest posts

Top Bottom