S&W Pro series?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who did you have perform your milling and refinishing of the slide? I am interested in doing the same thing to mine.

Thanks,

David

I had Floyd’s in Blanchard Idaho mill my slide. I would have chosen Jagerwerks if they were making 509T cuts (or I was cutting it for RMR/507C, and have them Black Nitride it at the same time. Floyd’s is limited to Cerakote. Because the slide is stainless, I chose to leave it raw and I can deal with it later if it becomes and issue.

Floyd’s turned it around in less than a week although they quoted 2 weeks. I’m very happy with the results.

Same with a slide for my G45 by Jagerwerks. I’m very happy with it and the refinish work.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I had Floyd’s in Blanchard Idaho mill my slide. I would have chosen Jagerwerks if they were making 509T cuts (or I was cutting it for RMR/507C, and have them Black Nitride it at the same time. Floyd’s is limited to Cerakote. Because the slide is stainless, I chose to leave it raw and I can deal with it later if it becomes and issue.

Floyd’s turned it around in less than a week although they quoted 2 weeks. I’m very happy with the results.

Same with a slide for my G45 by Jagerwerks. I’m very happy with it and the refinish work.

I would like to see a photo of that gun with the raw slide.

I kind of understand maybe, but not really, why most places remove the finish off of the complete slide to do an optics cut.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to see a photo of that gun with the raw slide.

I kind of understand maybe, but not really, why most places remove the finish off of the complete slide to do an optics cut.

All that was raw was where it was cut.

I don’t see any reason to remove the entire finish to mill it. Only to refinish it. Some refinish only where milled, but I’d have to see how that transition works out.

The Melonite of the m&P is very durable.

This is the best picture I have without pulling it apart.

View attachment 210477

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks for the information.

Latest posts

Top Bottom