S&W questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nope, the 64 is the stainless version of the model 10.

It was the 67 that was the stainless version of the model 15,,,
The 67 is the lower left gun.

www.aarondgraham.com_pics_harem.jpg

Aarond

If those are your's, you have a really nice group showing the best of the best, N-frame 629 guessing a .44 Magnum, L-frame 686 .357/.38, K-frame 67 .38 Special, J-frame 63 .22lr.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's odd how I've ended up with three Smith and Wessons now. It all in part has to do with looking at Buds on line. About a year and a half ago, a co-worker showed me her 642 that she always has on her. A lot of people carry at work. Some of them show their guns to close friends, but I don't. Nevertheless, I fell in love with the 642 from the moment I saw it. Fast forward three months and I'm at home for a month, post surgery. I'm bored and too sore to get out of bed, so I get to thinking, "Well! I ought to go on Buds and order me that Airweight!" Low and behold, I get to looking at all those cute little snubbies and I see the Lady of my dreams! A S&W M&P 340CT! And so I ordered it. I have carried that jewel in my front pocket, in my back pocket, in my jacket pocket. It literally displaced the Charter Arms Bulldog I'd carried for 8 years.

Edited for spellin.

i.imgur.com_O7sVb8Y.jpg

Last edited:

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Junior, Even though I'm not fond of the light weight S&W's, she's still a nice piece! Like you my J-frames ride just about everywhere, and have never felt out or under gunned when she's the only one I can carry. Everyone who is into guns should have a J-frame, they just fit period!

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Junior, Even though I'm not fond of the light weight S&W's, she's still a nice piece! Like you my J-frames ride just about everywhere, and have never felt out or under gunned when she's the only one I can carry. Everyone who is into guns should have a J-frame, they just fit period!

I know exactly what you mean. The J-frame is just so grab and go.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
WOW!!! I've never seen that happen before with all five chambers!!!! I think your chambers may be over sized. If it was one maybe not, but all five, you might want to contact S&W about this because that's just not right no matter how you look at it! Blaser is not a high pressure load so this shouldn't happen. My suggestion to you is not to shoot her anymore till you get in touch with S&W. I consider that gun unsafe!!!

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 340 is a dream to shoot as long as you don't run magnums through it. There are big tough guys who brag and "Awww shucks - it don't hurt!" but it does. I can run a box of white box through the 340 and it does just fine.

i.imgur.com_mCelwel.jpg

i.imgur.com_0pyUwgs.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW!!! I've never seen that happen before with all five chambers!!!! I think your chambers may be over sized. If it was one maybe not, but all five, you might want to contact S&W about this because that's just not right no matter how you look at it! Blaser is not a high pressure load so this shouldn't happen. My suggestion to you is not to shoot her anymore till you get in touch with S&W. I consider that gun unsafe!!!

The thing is, I have run I think 1,200 rounds through it now, and Tulammo was the only batch that ever did this. And those spent casings came out of 100 rounds. I got rid of the Tulammo. I shoot this 340 a lot, and it was just with Tulammo that this happened.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry I missed that it was Tula an not the Blaser I mentioned, and it being steel casings. Still kinda scary, and I'd keep a close eye on her. As to .357 Magnum J-frames, I don't care for those at all, and feel even with the steel framed J's its just to much of a "good" thing. 38 Special is more than enough in those!

Latest posts

Top Bottom