S&W Shield plus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Got to the range this morning and ran a couple hundred rounds through this thing. No issues . The gun feels way better in the hand than the 45 Shield did, and I got home and cleaned it up and have been carrying it OWB under a t-shirt and unlike the Shield 45 this is not rubbing my skin off, took the brat for a walk and did not even notice it .
Carries well and is almost as easy to CC as my Sig 939. My son allows it has a little more recoil for him than his 365xl ....... I did not notice anything other than it is easier to get back on target than my 939.
20210624_194937 (2).jpg

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up one myself last weekend, glad to know I made a good choice. Did your slide release loosen up after shooting? I won't get to shoot mine until this weekend and it's pretty hard to actuate without pulling the slide back some.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm waiting on the right deal on the 4" Performance Center version.

I saw one online today for $535, plus tax, shipping, and transfer fee. If I can find one out the door for near $550 I might have to sell a Glock. :D

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up one myself last weekend, glad to know I made a good choice. Did your slide release loosen up after shooting? I won't get to shoot mine until this weekend and it's pretty hard to actuate without pulling the slide back some.
With or without a round in the mag? Most smaller carry weapons have stiff slide stop levers. With a round in the mag, they tend to drop easier.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With or without a round in the mag? Most smaller carry weapons have stiff slide stop levers. With a round in the mag, they tend to drop easier.
Both. It's almost like the recoil spring is so stiff that it's holding the slide too tight against the slide release. That's why I'm wondering if it will ease up after firing.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm waiting on the right deal on the 4" Performance Center version.

I saw one online today for $535, plus tax, shipping, and transfer fee. If I can find one out the door for near $550 I might have to sell a Glock. :D
Sold a Glock to get this one ;-). I wanted the shorter version, but I wish an optic cut was an option on it. I do think I will add some night sights though. Probably Ameriglo Spartans as long as I don't hear anything bad about them. Edit: Have a TLR-6 on the way too, as I like my wife and kids enough to not want to shoot them in the dark.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have the same deal, it does seem to get easier after operation and cleaning. Could be I am just getting the trick down. Great pistol and carries well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom