S & W to change their name

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old news. S&W guns will still be S&W.

Correct, old news, part of a larger plan to diversify the company. I own SWHC stock, this was proposed and approved. some time ago.

From the article for those that read it...

The brand name Smith & Wesson will remain for its firearms products, operating as Smith & Wesson Corp., a subsidiary of American Outdoor Brands Corp..

Changing the brand would actually be ridiculous, changing the parent company name, doesn't matter at all, most people had no clue that it was already Smith and Wesson Holding Corp. It won't matter that it is American Outdoor Brands Corp.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't care what their name is as long as they stand by their products and still produce quality firearms. They won't ever change the name of their firearms division. Ain't no way. Their brand is one of the most, if not most recognized name in firearms.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya know. This is stupid. I guess there is a just out of college MBA that's mouthing off about the increased exposure to the new demographic the new name will generate. And this increased brand exposure the new name will generate will set the brand apart from all competitors. And the dork will have graphs and spread sheets to prove it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom