S&W's new X Frame revolver...in 350 Legend...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think @Moparman485 did a test with ballistic gelatin in a thread.
Yep, have a few different bullets tested (but shortest barrel I tested was a 16.25). I also am about to post some 115gr Solid copper Barnes XPD 9mm projectile results that were quite astonishing (but my chrono died, so I am awaiting a friends Labradar to post results).

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
May need to get one of these for the hell of it. I know out of a rifle it’s about a 200 yard gun, from my experience, so that’s probably every bit of a 75 yard plus revolver, probably holding a bit more of a ballistic edge over my 4-5/8” colt 🤣

Moparman485

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
May need to get one of these for the hell of it. I know out of a rifle it’s about a 200 yard gun, from my experience, so that’s probably every bit of a 75 yard plus revolver, probably holding a bit more of a ballistic edge over my 4-5/8” colt 🤣
I can’t even fathom the flash and report of the round in a wheel gun (in person). My 16.25 inch is enough to turn heads on the range, but in a Wheel gun it may give my Tokarev a run for its money as far as flash goes! Haha.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A handgun in 350 legend seems like solution to a problem that doesn’t exist. I get the purpose of the cartridge, but was there really a public outcry for handgun chambered in it?!? :scratch:

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t even fathom the flash and report of the round in a wheel gun (in person). My 16.25 inch is enough to turn heads on the range, but in a Wheel gun it may give my Tokarev a run for its money as far as flash goes! Haha.
My ranch rifle isn’t that bad that I’ve noticed? But I haven’t started reloading for it yet either 😳

Moparman485

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My ranch rifle isn’t that bad that I’ve noticed? But I haven’t started reloading for it yet either 😳
Factory aren’t bad, but 350 is definitely a reloaders caliber. I can get 308W velocity with the same weight of bullet, but in an AR15 with a 35 cal bullet. Factory loads are fairly anemic (that I’ve seen) and book numbers are comically understated velocity wise. I use h110 or Lil’gun in my 350 loads and they are both “a bit flashy”. Haha

Latest posts

Top Bottom