S&W's new X Frame revolver...in 350 Legend...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A marketing solution/scheme, then. OK. My usual frame of reference on moon clips is that they were a emergency supply solution during WWI for .45 caliber revolvers the U.S. Army was issued. For use with .45 ACP ammo that evidently was in abundance, but no available .45 Colt (Long Colt?). Supply/manufacturing chain issues back in 1916-1918. Revolvers issued because not enough 1911 .45 ACP’s semi auto pistols available.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A marketing solution/scheme, then. OK. My usual frame of reference on moon clips is that they were a emergency supply solution during WWI for .45 caliber revolvers the U.S. Army was issued. For use with .45 ACP ammo that evidently was in abundance, but no available .45 Colt (Long Colt?). Supply/manufacturing chain issues back in 1916-1918. Revolvers issued because not enough 1911 .45 ACP’s semi auto pistols available.

They're a great idea. It allows people a choice of shooting cartridges made for autos in a revolver. Just like Ruger (and maybe some others) did with the .30 carbine in the Blackhawk (obviously without the moon clips).

Chambering in the .350 allows those that like their rifle/handgun calibers to be the same have a handgun choice now.

It's also something different. Frankly, I like having choices...even for something like this that I'll likely never buy. It's out there if something changes for me. Just like I think the .30 Super Carry round is pretty cool.

I like companies that think outside the box...even if the result is something I'll likely not use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom