S333 Volleyfire revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"it features two barrels that both fire simultaneously with a single pull of the trigger."

Can't wait for the ATF to weigh in on this... :D

[EDIT] Ah, never mind. I didn't read far enough. :hithead:

"However, the ATF does make an exception for "volley guns" and allows the manufacture and sale of firearms that fire more than one round with each pull of the trigger, provided that those rounds are fired from separate barrels."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what does firing 2 little rounds gain you over a single round with a bit more power like a 9mm or whatever.
I don't get it....especially with the general unreliability of rimfire.
I say gimmick.
I agree. The .22 mag seems to be more reliable than .22LR, but nevertheless with that barrel length you get a huge fireball and about 900fps of velocity or less. I tested a Davis Derringer in .22 mag in my chronograph with a 2 1/2" barrel, gettin 910 fps. This pistol looks to have about a 1" barrel.
Speer makes some .22 WMR ammo with gold dot bullets designed to expand more readily at lower velocities in short barreled pistols, but they do not increase the muzzle velocity.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. The .22 mag seems to be more reliable than .22LR, but nevertheless with that barrel length you get a huge fireball and about 900fps of velocity or less. I tested a Davis Derringer in .22 mag in my chronograph with a 2 1/2" barrel, gettin 910 fps. This pistol looks to have about a 1" barrel.
Speer makes some .22 WMR ammo with gold dot bullets designed to expand more readily at lower velocities in short barreled pistols, but they do not increase the muzzle velocity.
We've had this conversation before... :drunk2:

"In the last couple of years Hornady, Speer and Winchester have introduced .22 WMR ammunition with new bullets that reliably expand when fired in handguns with very short barrels. A great example is Hornady’s 45-grain Critical Defense load, which has an FTX bullet. It leaves a 1.12-inch barrel at about 1,000 fps and produces approximately 100 foot-pounds of energy (fpe)."
http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2015/07/mini-manstoppers-using-a-22-wmr-load-for-self-defense/

Latest posts

Top Bottom