S333 Volleyfire revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've had this conversation before... :drunk2:

"In the last couple of years Hornady, Speer and Winchester have introduced .22 WMR ammunition with new bullets that reliably expand when fired in handguns with very short barrels. A great example is Hornady’s 45-grain Critical Defense load, which has an FTX bullet. It leaves a 1.12-inch barrel at about 1,000 fps and produces approximately 100 foot-pounds of energy (fpe)."
http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2015/07/mini-manstoppers-using-a-22-wmr-load-for-self-defense/

Velocities in .22WMR ammo vary widely depending on the bullet weight, and the intended velocity.
My testing was done before these new rounds for short barreled pistols came out. I have some CCI that advertise 1875 fps up to 2250 fps in rifle length barrels.
I'd be more than willing to test them in short barrels for real life comparison, against the Speer pistol rounds. Might be a fun project for tomorrow. My shortest pistol though is currently is 4.5" so no comparison to the 1" barrel of the OP.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read A paragraph of that article and I still think we should string up all gun rag writers from telephone poles with their shoelaces
Agreed. Couldn't even say when I bought my last gun magazine. Mostly, these days they couldn't qualify to wipe Col. Jeff Cooper's, Skeeter Skelton's, or Jack O'Conner's ass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom