SA Saint 5.56...Ruger 556...S&W M&P15 Sport 2 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't shouldered a black gun since Vietnam but I'm seriously considering purchasing one.

I'm not going to be shooting matches with it and more than likely I won't scope it (we'll see), it's just going to be for occasional range plinking and self / home defense if needed.

I've been looking at the Springfield Armory 'Saint' 5.56.......$849.00 + tax locally.

Anybody have, had or fired one ?........any opinions on the gun ?

Edit; I'm not totally locked in on the Saint.....for what I want it for how about the Ruger 556 or the S & W M&P 15 Sport 2 ?

SA Saint.png

https://www.springfield-armory.com/saint-series/saint-ar-15-rifles/

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I would choose the Sport 2 from that list.

IMO it is usually the better value of the three.

That being said, right now is not a great time to be buying an AR because of the high demand causing a big price increase.

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to have a Springfield Saint Victor pistol in 300 BLK but if I ran across one I'd still have to find ammo at a crazy high price. Guess I'll keep my wants in check for a while.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to have a Springfield Saint Victor pistol in 300 BLK but if I ran across one I'd still have to find ammo at a crazy high price. Guess I'll keep my wants in check for a while.

I’d be in the same boat if they make a Saint PDW in 300 BLK!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why the Saint?

For me, it’s the configuration and parts list of the PDW that appeal to me. I don’t know of any other makers that offer a similar setup right out of the box. I could build a similar AR myself, but it wouldn’t have the panache of the Saint PDW.

Just so you know, the PDW is the AR pistol configuration with a 5.5” barrel. Not at all like the carbines you’re considering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom