Sacha Baron Cohen dupes a number of Republicans in Pro-2nd Amend. gun training for kids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ACcordig to Showtime

There has been widespread misinformation over the past week about the character of Billy Wayne Ruddick Jr., Ph.D., performed by Sacha Baron Cohen on the Showtime comedy series 'Who Is America?' Baron Cohen did not present himself as a disabled veteran, and viewers nationwide who watched the premiere on Sunday can now attest to that," the statement issued Monday said.

Showtime also points out that Cohen's character "did not wear military apparel of any kind" in his interviews with Senator Bernie Sanders and Palin and even specifies at one point in the show that he is not disabled.

In the first episode, Ruddick, as portrayed by Cohen, says he uses a mobility scooter to "conserve" his body's "finite energy."

"In addition, Baron Cohen never presented himself as a veteran of the U.S. military to former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin during the booking process or during the filming of her interview, and contrary to her claims he did not appear in a wheelchair," the statement said.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's pretty sad when someone imitates a disabled Veteran in a wheelchair with professional make up to interview Palin.
I don't see the "comedy" in this action.
Agreed, don't find any humor in that..

Well, it's pretty sad when someone willingly gets talked into reading something off of a teleprompter without first knowing exactly what is coming up. Granted, he duped and lied to get these folks to do as they did, but they kind of asked for it by being stupid.

There's no excuse for what some of these folks are on camera doing. Everybody is ignorant at some point in their life, but Stupidity needs to be exposed and removed, is possible.

I'm more angry at the idiots we elect than I am at Cohen's shenanigans, First Amendment and all that..

2gG9BeY.png

And as much as we don't like what Cohen does, James O'Keefe does basically the same thing to the Left, sans impersonating vets.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bigger problem is how many people are going to believe this BS as being true and factual. I see this as another so-called comedian eventually committing career suicide.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom