Sad but true

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The problem does not begin at the child level but at the adult level.
We had places to fish, we had places to ride bikes, places to jun with all your friends with BB guns and slingshots and bows and arrows.

You find a nice pond to fish today and you will be ran off "by an adult".
You find a place to ride your bike and you will be ran off "by an adult"
God forbid you carry a BB gun or bow and arrow into a field if you can find a field to play in.

You will be arrested and begin your life with a record.
Concrete Jungle is a fact.
It is a lot safer to stay inside and do what happens in post #7.

80% of adults suck!
Amen!

Also you see parents all the time handing their 2 year old a smart phone or tablet so they behave and have something to do at a restaurant rather than disciplining the child. They are conditioned from a very young age that it’s not okay to be bored and they way to fill that void is digital media.

Last edited:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0456.PNG IMG_0428.JPG IMG_0405.JPG IMG_0261.PNG IMG_0224.PNG Yep, kids ain't born knowing what a video game is. Us adults play a big role in kids interest. I do what I can with my daughters. Like opening gates for the feedtruck, shooting as much as we can. Fishing all we can. Cleaning guns. Reloading ammocanissions. Helping gather cattle in spring and fall. Ear notchin calves n such. I'd take on the whole school full of kids to teach this stuff to but I don't think my temper would hold. It's definitely a struggle to stay patient with em doing things slower than I can myself but I was fortunate enough to have a few men take a lil time to teach me this stuff. BUT, those same men gave me my most memorable asschewins too. Lol
I hope I didn't hijack this thread, I just got a proud moment.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another sad but true factor is fatherless homes. This epidemic is creating tons of problems for children. The facts and statistics of boys that grow up in fatherless homes is staggering. Nothing against moms or anything but the facts don’t lie.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are good kids. They come from good parents and good grandparents. People act like it's come kind of mystery why kids lose interest in everything. Their parents lost interest in them and suddenly, when the kid is 12 and it's too late, wonder why society has failed.
We never stayed inside. Too much to do and so much to find, make or explore. When we screwed up, we expected the swatting we got, and didn't complain about it because they really could "give you something to cry about"...Ha!
Watched some kids standing around each other at a football game. All of them were on their phones texting. Who the hell were they texting? All their friends were there.
Oh well, it's all their's

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are good kids. They come from good parents and good grandparents. People act like it's come kind of mystery why kids lose interest in everything. Their parents lost interest in them and suddenly, when the kid is 12 and it's too late, wonder why society has failed.
We never stayed inside. Too much to do and so much to find, make or explore. When we screwed up, we expected the swatting we got, and didn't complain about it because they really could "give you something to cry about"...Ha!
Watched some kids standing around each other at a football game. All of them were on their phones texting. Who the hell were they texting? All their friends were there.
Oh well, it's all their's
Good points. Plus we all played football and weren’t standing there texting either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom