1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sad Lesson learned

Discussion in 'Self Defense and Handgun Carry' started by gerhard1, Nov 12, 2018.

1. gerhard1

gerhard1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
  2. snafu21

snafu21 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Good! People everywhere need to arm themselves and carry everywhere they possibly can. There be monsters in them there woods and you'd better get him before he gets you.

Seadog and D. Hargrove like this.
  3. Yeti695

Yeti695 Marksman

This is sad; I hate that places of worship need to have security or armed members to feel safe. My in-laws church in Southeast Oklahoma has started a safety team; they are armed members that usually attend every meeting and services. They are also getting a security system and looking into other ways to make it safer for people when they are there. Personally I’m not a religious person, but I understand what this country was founded on and strongly believe that you have the right to worship whatever deity you so choose. I just can’t imagine going into any religious places and causing harm to anyone in there. It mind-boggling to me that there is that much hatred towards religion that it makes someone wants to carry out such atrocious acts.

dennishoddy and Tanis143 like this.
  4. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Same here. I grew up as a Free Will Baptist. The only place I felt as safe as being home was church. I cannot fathom what going to a church and still feeling fear would be like. Right now society seems to think that fighting hate with more hate is somehow ok. It is indeed sad times.

dennishoddy likes this.
  5. Glock 'em down

Glock 'em down Sharpshooter

Rating
    97%
    I've carried at my church since I was legal to do so...about 30 years now. My preacher even totes his little J frame whist in the pulpit. He says when you stand watch over your flock against the wolf, you should be properly prepared...the bible in one hand and a gat in the other.

DavidWOwens and dennishoddy like this.
  6. Dave70968

Dave70968 Sharpshooter

It doesn't even take hatred toward religion, just a recognition that there's an awful lot of cash in the plates every Sunday morning....

Cowcatcher likes this.
  7. ronny

ronny Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I've carried in church for over 20 years. It's not out of fear. In fact, my biggest fear is that I'll have to use it some day. Can you imagine the ruckus inside a church with a gunman and 50 or more church members scrambling for the doors. There will be no clear shots.

Seadog likes this.
  8. HFS

HFS Sharpshooter

^^^ Agreed. I thought about this aspect long ago.

Now I have to add, church is also a place where almost everybody is sitting down (not standing up and mobile) WITH THEIR BACKS TO THE ENTRANCE.
    And they're all supposed to be paying attention to what's going on (being said or being sung) at the front of the church.
    Like a movie theater, that's a "target rich environment" for someone with evil intent.

Add in the fact that an attack on parishioners at a place of worship quickly generates news coverage and fear among churchgoers, which I suspect appeals to the perpetrators of such violence...

9. HFS

HFS Sharpshooter

10. Seadog

Seadog Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The decline of American values. The distancing of our heritage. So many other things. I don’t see it getting better.

Jesus did say something to the effect of if you don’t have a sword to sell the cloak off your back and buy one.