1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sad Lesson learned

Discussion in 'Self Defense and Handgun Carry' started by gerhard1, Nov 12, 2018.

1. crrcboatz

crrcboatz Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    We have 2 men and one lady armed every week . The responsibility is rotated among volunteers and the set dispersed anonymous in the crowd . Only the committee head knows who they are . We are a church of only 155 avg attendance.

2. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I’m curious what type of training these volunteers have had and the ongoing training to be deemed suitable for this responsibility.

3. Gunbuffer

Gunbuffer Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If you can buy the correct ammunition for your particular handgun and load it up, ur gtg

Mad Professor likes this.
  4. pstmstr

pstmstr Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You could go to St Johns Episcopal in Norman where no handguns signs are posted. I’m sure anyone with evil intent will see the signs and pick another place. If they don’t, maybe Father Dwight will wave incense at them and that should do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Dave70968

Dave70968 Sharpshooter

Point of interest:
    https://www.concealedcarry.com/news...Pyfh1NOAmBm7Glvp3HdvQ0tcOfTpq8uzSux0iwv9dLN-4

"As you can see below, however, at the 33 incidents at which Armed Citizens were present, there were zero situations at which the Armed Citizen injured or killed an innocent person. It never happened." (FBI data, by the way.)

I'd never dissuade anybody from getting training, but the data suggest that "bad shoots" by armed private citizens just aren't a significant problem. I've seen data to support that for more than twenty years (the one I recall from the late nineties looked at concealed carry across the board, not just "active shooter" events, and found the errant shoot rate for private citizens was about 1/4 that of cops).

crrcboatz likes this.
  6. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    This. When police errant shoot rates get lower than CCW'ers, then that can be a topic of concern. Until then, it's a non-starter.

7. radisri

radisri Sharpshooter

I went to a church some time ago that hired retired and current police and sheriff deputy's to patrol the building anytime there were services. Pretty large church at that.

8. MacFromOK

MacFromOK Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Haven't all the (Christian) church shootings been small congregations so far?

Not sure about mosques and synagogues. :anyone:

9. crrcboatz

crrcboatz Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    All have conceal carry permits