Saddle hunters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are there any others who hunt from tree saddles? I know there are a few folks from OK on the saddle hunting forum and was wondering if that was any of y’all here.

saddle-feature.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I have been hunting I have liked to sit in a tree.
I do not have a tree stand and usually just climb up the tree I find that is in a good spot and sit there on a limb.

I would usually have seat belt strap on me and make a nice place to sit or tie in.
Many times I did not use any strap or tie in.

I can fall asleep anytime of day or night I have trained myself when I was young to sleep easily.
I can sleep on a limb without being tied off easy.

My older son went hunting with me when he was about 11 and we sat in a tree almost all day.
He said to my wife : Dad must have more Indian in him than I do because he can sit in a tree all day long and not move and is comfortable up there.

I never knew anything called saddle hunting.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope! I know i wouldn't fall asleep as I'd be so uncomfortable that it wouldn't be possible. Well, both my legs would fall asleep due to how uncompfortable it would be then I'd have to throw myself to the ground just to get out of the tree. I'm a b*tch or just a pansie. If my stand location is not comfortable I won't sit their and hunt it and find something close by to make it more enjoyable to sit in the woods with a rifle.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Tried saddle hunting ONE TIME.

Was great until I fired first shot. That */%=÷× horse threw me in the creek and it spent the rest of the day hunting my horse.
Yeah I thought this thread would be about hunting from horseback.

Whatever is happening in that photo is not what I was expecting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom