Safety 1st Concealed Carry Matches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I do sometimes. I'm trying to get more people to shoot with the gun and holster they actually carry. For me, it's a Glock 43 in a Keepers Errand AIWB. Most are still shooting it with larger capacity guns unconcealed but a few more each time are shooting concealed. I've learned a lot shooting my carry gun and would recommend it to anyone to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot my Shield Sunday and I've shot it several times at this match. I tend to shoot what I'm carrying the most at any given time. For me I tend towards the Shield in the hot weather and full size in the cold. I really need to shoot the Shield more often than I do, it's pretty unforgiving on those 20 yard shots. The full size conceals so well in the Keeper holster that I shoot it at this match more often than I should, but I also carry it more often than most would carry a full sized gun so it's kind of a wash.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ouch, yeah that would be rough. I drove up to Ponca City for a steel challenge match and the drive back and forth that late at night would be punishing to say the least. I have really thinking about starting to hit them it just seems life gets in the way and by the time I remember it's a week too late.

Hmm next one is August 21st, well at least they missed the national go topless day. Be interesting shooting a match without a shirt on.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, you should go! Just go. @pstmstr was the one that convinced me to go shoot my first match, and I'm sure glad he did. He also loaned me a holster to use because I didn't have one that would work, then told me "just keep it and use it" when I tried to give it back. You won't find a better group of people to be around.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
1st, 3rd, and if there are 5 Sunday's, a match on the fifth one too. Sign up at 5:30. A good match for someone to see how they shoot their carry gun under a little bit of stress in case you ever have to use it under a lot of stress. New shooters are welcome and they have a quick new shooter briefing before the match starts.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to this last one and had a great time. It was my second time ever. Everyone is nice and supportive. It's not uber competitive, but people defientely want to win. There is a good range of skill levels there.

One thing that really made me want to try this is that they put t shirts on the target. It makes it surprisingly more difficult.

Fwiw I shot appendix carry concealed with a Glock 19. I carry it all the time. It's one of the few competitions you can shoot from appendix.

Latest posts

Top Bottom