Safety 1st in edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not surprised they closed. I went the day they opened and bought ammo and shot it to support the new owner. The whole family went to 1 match since we always went to matches there before. My wife was shooting 380 and sitting in the floor behind the group picking up 380 brass only and exactly how many she shot as she was putting them back in the tray they came in. Mitch came over and got all in her face accusing her of stealing from him. Made her cry and tested my patience to the max. We would never go back if it was the last place on earth. Switched to x-treme bullets too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not stealing to pick your own **** up off the ground. I would have told him to **** off, picked up my **** and left. haha

considering how he characterized it as 'stealing', i assume i was correct in assuming that he picked all the brass up and sold it later.

He doesn't have ownership rights over other people's brass unless they leave it.

Mitch Harrington

New to the site!
Reaction score
Not surprised they closed. I went the day they opened and bought ammo and shot it to support the new owner. The whole family went to 1 match since we always went to matches there before. My wife was shooting 380 and sitting in the floor behind the group picking up 380 brass only and exactly how many she shot as she was putting them back in the tray they came in. Mitch came over and got all in her face accusing her of stealing from him. Made her cry and tested my patience to the max. We would never go back if it was the last place on earth. Switched to x-treme bullets too.

This is certainly a distortion of what occurred. You chose to leave your multi-fired brass on the ground at the match. Your wife was digging through a bucket of our range brass taking .380. I told her she was welcome to pick up her brass but to please leave our brass alone. There were no tears and you said nothing of having your patience tested to the max. I'm not sure why you or your wife would think it would be acceptable to steal from someone because they are operating a business. I suppose it would have been just as acceptable to dig through someone's range bag to get a magazine you dropped on the range as well.

This is part of the problem with our society nowadays. You claim I wronged you and your wife yet you chose to say nothing til now. You wrong me and make my SO cry I PROMISE you we will discuss it right then, as I think most of us would. You chose to distort the facts to push your agenda. I get you were embarrassed for being asked to not take what was not yours. That doesn't excuse your behavior now or then.

We had a GREAT group of core customers that didn't show up with attitudes or take what didn't belong to them. We chose early on to let those that had attitudes or take things that didn't belong to them go. They never spend money with you and wind up costing you money in the long run. We were always happy to see people that came through the door for the very reason we opened the range. To have fun and shoot. The ones that showed up to thump their chest or try to put there penis on the counter so we could measure to see whose was bigger, were moved out of the building as quickly as humanly possible.

My suggestion would be to open a range or any business for that matter. Deal with the personalities that come through the door. THEN you can criticize how someone else runs a business. Until then, you can sit behind your computer and talk tough. ;)

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
This is certainly a distortion of what occurred. You chose to leave your multi-fired brass on the ground at the match. Your wife was digging through a bucket of our range brass taking .380. I told her she was welcome to pick up her brass but to please leave our brass alone. There were no tears and you said nothing of having your patience tested to the max. I'm not sure why you or your wife would think it would be acceptable to steal from someone because they are operating a business. I suppose it would have been just as acceptable to dig through someone's range bag to get a magazine you dropped on the range as well.

This is part of the problem with our society nowadays. You claim I wronged you and your wife yet you chose to say nothing til now. You wrong me and make my SO cry I PROMISE you we will discuss it right then, as I think most of us would. You chose to distort the facts to push your agenda. I get you were embarrassed for being asked to not take what was not yours. That doesn't excuse your behavior now or then.

We had a GREAT group of core customers that didn't show up with attitudes or take what didn't belong to them. We chose early on to let those that had attitudes or take things that didn't belong to them go. They never spend money with you and wind up costing you money in the long run. We were always happy to see people that came through the door for the very reason we opened the range. To have fun and shoot. The ones that showed up to thump their chest or try to put there penis on the counter so we could measure to see whose was bigger, were moved out of the building as quickly as humanly possible.

My suggestion would be to open a range or any business for that matter. Deal with the personalities that come through the door. THEN you can criticize how someone else runs a business. Until then, you can sit behind your computer and talk tough. ;)

Told you Mitch could speak up for himself. :)

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

There are definitely two sides to every story.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

While I appreciate you showing up and telling your side of the story, there have been MULTIPLE accounts from several members stating they were chastised for pick up brass from the ground, even their own. If you want to come in and talk about flopping members on the counter and talk tough behind the internet as well (which you are), that's fine, but don't even begin to claim unless one has owned and run a firing range has no right to criticize practices like that. Can someone who is not a mechanic complain about being ripped off by a predatory repair shop? How about someone who isn't a teacher standing up for their child if being bullied at school? Get over yourself and be a little realistic here... I guarantee you if you and/or your employees told me I could not collect even my own brass off the floor, I would never be back, and would spread the word to everyone I knew to support another business. I'm sorry your business model didn't work out for you, but I wouldn't support a range treating me like that, either. And you're right, if someone came in and treated my wife the way that was described, it would be handled then and there as well.

Like I said, I'm glad you came to defend yourself, but multiple accounts from multiple members here have been given regarding your business' assertion that they were not allowed to collect even their own range brass, which is pure asshattery to me. Just my opinion and, you know, sitting behind my computer talking tough. lol

As someone who regularly supports local businesses in the firearms and shooting community, I'll continue to offer criticism of poor business practices where I see fit, despite your assertion that I don't have the right to do so. Thanks for the lecture, though. Kinda sounds like a recent former head of state, to me...

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I appreciate you showing up and telling your side of the story, there have been MULTIPLE accounts from several members stating they were chastised for pick up brass from the ground, even their own. If you want to come in and talk about flopping members on the counter and talk tough behind the internet as well (which you are), that's fine, but don't even begin to claim unless one has owned and run a firing range has no right to criticize practices like that. Can someone who is not a mechanic complain about being ripped off by a predatory repair shop? How about someone who isn't a teacher standing up for their child if being bullied at school? Get over yourself and be a little realistic here... I guarantee you if you and/or your employees told me I could not collect even my own brass off the floor, I would never be back, and would spread the word to everyone I knew to support another business. I'm sorry your business model didn't work out for you, but I wouldn't support a range treating me like that, either. And you're right, if someone came in and treated my wife the way that was described, it would be handled then and there as well.

Like I said, I'm glad you came to defend yourself, but multiple accounts from multiple members here have been given regarding your business' assertion that they were not allowed to collect even their own range brass, which is pure asshattery to me. Just my opinion and, you know, sitting behind my computer talking tough. lol

As someone who regularly supports local businesses in the firearms and shooting community, I'll continue to offer criticism of poor business practices where I see fit, despite your assertion that I don't have the right to do so. Thanks for the lecture, though. Kinda sounds like a recent former head of state, to me...

Seems like a moot point since he's not in business anymore, though.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, and thanks for registering specifically to come here to defend your business which has just closed... too bad you didn't feel like participating in our established community before this incident, eh? Maybe had you done so, a lot of things might be different.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It should come as no surprise that adamant shooters and gun owners tend to join discussions and share their experiences with like minded individuals. So why would any (supposedly) like minded business not assume this is the case? Word of good experiences spreads, word of bad experiences spreads like wildfire. I wish the business owner well in his future endeavors, and would hope that "lessons learned" would be taken into account by any future business owners hoping to get in on the gun game. We as a community generally have a great deal of money invested in our sport/hobby, this is not a sport of the weak minded (generally speaking) nor are any of us looking to be lectured unnecessarily by a staff member. If I am wrong on the range, by all means please let me know, but if not, please accept my money for range time, ammo, supplies and firearm purchases and share in this wonderful sport of shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom