Safety 1st in edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BDC in Shawnee is also very nice although I'm not aware of their brass pick up policy.

Im not sure of the policy on pickup as I've only shot training and a comp there. But, they are one of a couple of ranges that won't let you shoot aluminum cased ammo so they do not have to sort it. I just abide by what rules the ranges have when I'm there. No big deal.

I've shot comps at Safety 1st and Mitch himself encouraged everyone to pickup what Brass was on the range after the match was over.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt that had anything to do with the already high lease being increased by 50% but if it makes you guys feel more manly complaining about it here in the forum, go for it. Maybe one of these days someone will actually post something worthwhile. If it wasn't for the classifieds, I'd be gone already. It sure seems like some of the same people are badazz keyboard commandos with nothing of any substance to discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry you're feeling that way. Personally, I think there are several good posts that are worthwhile today. Check out the comparison of guns and ammo in rimfire, or look into the ENS were trying to put together. I know you have some solid knowledge; maybe we can get you to come to the ENS, which is going to be at Big Boys the first time anyway, and share.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt that had anything to do with the already high lease being increased by 50% but if it makes you guys feel more manly complaining about it here in the forum, go for it. Maybe one of these days someone will actually post something worthwhile. If it wasn't for the classifieds, I'd be gone already. It sure seems like some of the same people are badazz keyboard commandos with nothing of any substance to discuss.

Wow, well, I'm sorry you don't like it here. I do. Am I one of the badazz keyboard commandos you're talking about? Because I don't like ranges that treat me like I should be grateful to be allowed to spend my money and donate my brass? Does that make me one of the people on your "list"? lol I don't know anything about their lease, and I don't know firsthand about their practices - but we have multiple people saying the same thing. Apparently, it's in poor taste to complain about something you consider a poor business practice? You can defend them all you want, I'm not worried about it. If we didn't have anything to discuss or talk about, there wouldn't be a forum anyways, to support the classifieds you're here for.

No one's keeping you here if you hate it that much, man.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'll continue to offer criticism of poor business practices where I see fit ...

And there have been multiple accounts from multiple members that have actually shot there that the range was great and the staff were very professional.

I had shot at Safety First quite a few times when I am back in Edmond. Never once was I ever told that I can't pick up my brass. Not once. To note, the range was typically very clean and not a lot if any brass was laying about either. One of the things I liked about that range was that it was very clean and the ventilation was better than H&H ... where I once got an idea what coal mining is like. That said, if I am at a range where there is brass on the ground, I would get a broom and sweep it up (don't like stepping on it and I don't want someone else's brass that has been reloaded God knows how many times).

What I noticed about your posts is your blind defense of people that said they were wronged. I say "blind" because from you posts (and unless I missed it) you had never shot at Safety First. So essentially you are taking the word of some over others to "offer criticism of poor businesses practices where you see fit" that you have never been to?

You write posts that are typically very well thought out and reasoned. I actually agree with most of what you write. But your posts here are not that. And to be honest, you sincerely do not strike me as the type to go on YELP and complain about businesses because others in the "community" have. But something here has you wound up. Why?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've shot many matches there and also rented a lane a few times. One time on a rented lane the guy, Troy I think was his name came back with a broom and swept up some of my brass for me. I think the "brass thing" is BS or there's more to the story and that's based on first hand experience there. Just my :twocents:

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've shot there, shot the matches, and never was told I couldn't retrieve my brass. After matches sometimes I picked up brass for the amount I shot, sometimes I left it so to get back home quicker. Never had a bad experience there and Mitch was always friendly and helpful.

With any business there will be bad experiences and good experiences. This business did not close because of a few bad encounters some customers may have had. If it weren't for the lease increase, I bet he would still have plenty of satisfied customers supporting the business. I would be one of them.

I agree that if you don't have personal experience as a customer, then you should treat all comments as reviews by customers and not jump on a bandwagon that a few squeaky wagon wheels make. Everyone should take reviews and comments for what they are, and remember everyone's perspective of an event will most likely always be different from the other part involved. I post what I know from actual experience, and not pile on when I have not been to a business. My personal experiences with a business or even other people is what matters to me, not what others say. Read the reviews, sure, but make your own decisions based on your personal encounters, then write your own review or comment.

If everyone that had ever shot at the range or matches posted a review, I believe we would see the positive exceed any negative by a margin that would not even be close.

I for one am sorry to see the range gone. I really enjoyed shooting my carry gear there at targets with shirts on them. Shooting those matches impacted what I carry and how I carry. It was a great match format.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By my count there are 3 people in this thread that complained about safety first and one of them is tristanjay and we all know he is full of **** ,so that leaves 2 credible complaints

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's typical OSA...our local gun businesses are piled on when people post about them...and anyone who's doing the complaining is piled on also. It's rare to see anyone stand back and recognize the legitimacy in the other perspective. Nope, just keep piling on. Some of ya'll should try to get laid or something...loosen up a bit...life is too short.

Latest posts

Top Bottom