Salt water fishing ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked and they said , go to Venice Louisiana.. The boat ride to the fish is far shorter in LA, Mexican gulf fishing company was the offshore charter they recommended..

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Hangfire.....

Has your wife been out in the Gulf???? My wife and I use to live in Galveston(for 3 years), I have been on commercial and used a buddy's boat numerous times to fish the Bay and Gulf.

Anyways.....

One Friday I told my wife I was going out in the Gulf to do a day of fishing so she was free to play all day without me on Saturday.

ALL NIGHT LONG she keep asking and begging me to let her go out in the Gulf and we could do a "couples" fishing retreat.

I kept telling her it wasn't like Oklahoma(lakes and pond), nor like Telluride, Colorado standing on the bank fishing in a stream.

She kept begging....PLEASE TAKE ME..........all night long. I kept telling her she'd get sea sick.

Well early Saturday morning she was awake before me and had the coffee pot going, dressed to fish out in the Gulf and had her fishing poles in the boat.

OKAY.....you can go.

We launch the boat on the East end of G-Town and head out into the Gulf. I was following some co-ordinates I got from my buddy for a hot fishing spot.....off a oil rig buoy or a coast guard buoy.

Crusing she loved it and did look sexy with the breeze blowing in her hair. She kept telling me how much she enjoyed the ride and we should do this more often. See....she wasn't sick...all was well.

About an hour to an hour and a half.....I stop the boat and tie up on the buoy.

Rigging up the poles we (the boat) was in some nice swells and we were going up and down like riding a carnival ride at the fair.

About thirty minutes into our "couples" fishing trip I could see something wasn't quite right with my wife but she wasn't giving up!!!

About an hour into the fishing trip...I could see her smiling BUT she was white as a ghost and tears were streaming down her face....but BY GOD....she wasn't giving up!!!!

Hour and a half(yes we were catching fish) I noticed she wasn't...or hadn't been talking in quite some time. Smiles....white as a ghost....tears streaming down her face.....BUT SHE HASN'T SAID A WORD!!!???

I asked her if she was okay??? All I remember was she opened her mouth to answer me and.........

Have you ever seen the movie the Exorcist???

I swear.........I HAVE NEVER seen anyone vomit that much!!! We headed back home immediately!!!

Trust me..........you couldn't pay my wife a BILLION dollars to fish out in the Gulf!!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Hangfire.....

Has your wife been out in the Gulf???? My wife and I use to live in Galveston(for 3 years), I have been on commercial and used a buddy's boat numerous times to fish the Bay and Gulf.

Anyways.....

One Friday I told my wife I was going out in the Gulf to do a day of fishing so she was free to play all day without me on Saturday.

ALL NIGHT LONG she keep asking and begging me to let her go out in the Gulf and we could do a "couples" fishing retreat.

I kept telling her it wasn't like Oklahoma(lakes and pond), nor like Telluride, Colorado standing on the bank fishing in a stream.

She kept begging....PLEASE TAKE ME..........all night long. I kept telling her she'd get sea sick.

Well early Saturday morning she was awake before me and had the coffee pot going, dressed to fish out in the Gulf and had her fishing poles in the boat.

OKAY.....you can go.

We launch the boat on the East end of G-Town and head out into the Gulf. I was following some co-ordinates I got from my buddy for a hot fishing spot.....off a oil rig buoy or a coast guard buoy.

Crusing she loved it and did look sexy with the breeze blowing in her hair. She kept telling me how much she enjoyed the ride and we should do this more often. See....she wasn't sick...all was well.

About an hour to an hour and a half.....I stop the boat and tie up on the buoy.

Rigging up the poles we (the boat) was in some nice swells and we were going up and down like riding a carnival ride at the fair.

About thirty minutes into our "couples" fishing trip I could see something wasn't quite right with my wife but she wasn't giving up!!!

About an hour into the fishing trip...I could see her smiling BUT she was white as a ghost and tears were streaming down her face....but BY GOD....she wasn't giving up!!!!

Hour and a half(yes we were catching fish) I noticed she wasn't...or hadn't been talking in quite some time. Smiles....white as a ghost....tears streaming down her face.....BUT SHE HASN'T SAID A WORD!!!???

I asked her if she was okay??? All I remember was she opened her mouth to answer me and.........

Have you ever seen the movie the Exorcist???

I swear.........I HAVE NEVER seen anyone vomit that much!!! We headed back home immediately!!!

Trust me..........you couldn't pay my wife a BILLION dollars to fish out in the Gulf!!!

LoL! I've seen that! We were in Jamaica once around Ocho Rios and chartered an offshore trip for marlin.
It was windy, and we had way too much local brew to drink the night before. Wife became sick and was that way during the whole 6 hour trip. They don't turn back. I got a little queasy, but didn't get sick. Spend a lot of time on boats, so I worked my way through it by looking at the horizon and forgetting about the huge swells. I did manage to take a 100 lb + marlin that was actually a baby, but fun getting in.
The crew moved her from below deck to the flying bridge that helped.

Latest posts

Top Bottom