Sample Bill of Sale for Private Party Firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coonskinner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In a private deal I am not interested in signing anything like that.

I have nothing to hide, but it is a matter of principle.

A handshake between honorable men is enough.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought an S&W auto on Armslist from a seller in Arkansas. Not happy with just the shipment to my FFL, he also had me complete a bill of sale which I had to send him with payment. Only time I've had to do that and it was a bit odd. I wasn't that crazy about the gun and sold it after about a month to a fellow OSA member. I've since seen it for sale probably 3 more times right here on good old OSA.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I would rather go through a FFL and do a transfer than give someone all my personal info.

That's ridiculous. If you are that paranoid, you shouldn't sell to private individuals.

BigD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would rather go through a FFL and do a transfer than give someone all my personal info.

That's ridiculous. If you are that paranoid, you shouldn't sell to private individuals.

I'm with you on this one. If they want a bill of sale we can go to an ffl and do a transfer. Every private sale I've done was a quick inspection, handed over some money and then on my marry way.

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally wouldnt care, although I have never sold a gun. I do have the name of the seller and/or add printed out (if it was bought from online) of every gun I own just in case anything fishy ever turns up with one of them.
So, if your the freaky guy with the face tattoo that I bought that rubber band rifle from, I still have your info if it was used in some shenanigans.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep no bill of sale required in Ok. I dont do it or require people to give me on either. If people are gonna ask for one they should also post that in their add when listing it. Until it's law, all you're doing is possible giving someone information that could be used against you in identity theft.

Latest posts

Top Bottom