Sam's Club or COSTCO Membership?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is best for the average couple?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OKC is getting a COSTCO; supposedly it's going to be over near Cabela's. So; which one do you think is the better club for the average non-restaurant non-snack bar running kind of couple? Wife and I used to belong to SAM's; we let it expire but think we want to get back in...(I like going there and chowing down on the samples and goodies too).

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to be a member at Sam’s in Tulsa until Costco opened up. I switched to the latter and prefer it for most purchases, even if the annual membership cost is a bit higher. I think the overall quality of their goods is better than at Sam’s. JMHO, of course.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have both because Costco is so far from us, it's not always worth the trip (to The Wife, not to me!) to drive an extra 20 minutes or so to get there when Sam's is closer.

But from my perspective, if the distances traveled aren't a huge problem, I go for Costco all day long. And their snack bar is way better.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, since the "average" person doesn't live in NW OKC, I'd say Sam's.

When Costco puts in more locations, my answer would probably change. I've heard nothing but good about them.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So...I have a question. Does Costco sell perishable food? I tried to compare a few basics between them and Sams the other day and couldnt find anything like that on their site (Cheese, eggs, chicken, pork).

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So...I have a question. Does Costco sell perishable food? I tried to compare a few basics between them and Sams the other day and couldnt find anything like that on their site (Cheese, eggs, chicken, pork).

Yep, they do. They have huge walk-in freezers with fruits and veggies, and with dairy products. Lots of standing freezers with meat, fish, etc. However, Walmart has been selling 18-count cartons of large eggs for next to nothing. I can’t recall the exact price, but they are CHEAP (no pun intended).

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yes, and the quality of everything "perishable" >>>>> Walmart errrr Sam's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom