Sam's Club or COSTCO Membership?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is best for the average couple?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah! Their Hotdogs and soft drink for what? $1.75? You can't beat it especially if you are traveling. At one time they had some all-beef franks I believe that crunched when you bit down but they changed suppliers and the current dogs are't as great but still they're good. As I understand it, if one has anything wrong with a Costco item you cab bring it back for refund or exchange. Of course that is mostly true of any merchant but Costco goes out of their way to accommodate a customer although I've never tried to take anything back to Sam's. My son who lives in Dallas swears by Costco.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The stuff I checked, there was no real price difference between Sams and Walmart.
I wonder if Costco would be cheaper?
I quite shopping at Sam's. I found that about 90% of the time, items were only a $.01 cheaper at Sam's, than Walmart. Add the $45 membership and you quickly come to the conclusion that Sam's is a RIP-OFF

Unfortunately for me, that 10% of stuff that are a lot cheaper at Sam's are some of the things you either cant get at Walmart or are a lot cheaper at Sam's.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even the atmosphere and energy is more upbeat at Costco. I swear Sam's hires some of the slowest people I've ever seen. When I lived in Anchorage the Costco parking lot would be packed by 10:30 in the morning. Drive 1 mile up the road to Sam's and it'd be dead. Last fall Sam's Club finally gave up the ghost and closed their stores in Alaska.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer Costco pork chops to Sam's. Oh, and their hot dog and raspberry tea.
These came from Sam's. They were so thick sous vide and sear was the only way I'd keep from ruining them. I didn't measure but 1.5" is close. Way too good of a cut to do in a crock pot, anything will work there.

IMG_5540.JPG

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And to the OP, I'd go Costco, but it's going to be completely across OKC from me while I have a Sam's that I can dang near throw a rock from my driveway and hit. And I'm too pissed at them for taking so many years to build one.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We ditched our Sams for Costco. We have to travel to Wichita or Tulsa, but when we do, our bill leaving is significant. Their store brand is Kirkland, and we prefer their trash bags to Glad, etc. Wife uses a lot of the face wipes, and the Kirkland is just as good if not better than the name brand, and the story goes on.
Their meat counter is far superior to anything you can get at sams. If you go shopping hungry on weekends, you won't leave that way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom