Sam's Club or COSTCO Membership?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is best for the average couple?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hot Dog Water unfiltered in a bottle:

Those wandering through a street festival in Vancouver, British Columbia, earlier this month stumbled upon a vendor hawking a product that one might expect to elicit far more cries of "yuck!" than raves.

The banner that read: "Hot Dog Water, unfiltered."

Instead of quickly turning and running in horror, dozens bought a bottle at the annual festival on June 17 -- about 60 bottles in all at $37.99 Canadian a pop, or about $28.57 in U.S. dollars.
……………………………………………………………………….

Yuuuuucckkk, no thanks:grumble::nolike::ugh2: and for the vote, COSTCO anyday!!!
Musta been some really harsh weed they were smoking!

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This isn’t even a close comparison.
Costco hands down.
Sam’s really has sucked it up the last 10 or so years. There’s no real difference in the products/prices/people/employees than Walmart nowadays

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, and the quality of everything "perishable" >>>>> Walmart errrr Sam's.
Their milk, cheese, and eggs were fine. Actually the eggs were great deals.

But I have had better luck with the produce from Sams than Costco. The Costco berries seem to spoil much faster.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Their milk, cheese, and eggs were fine. Actually the eggs were great deals.

But I have had better luck with the produce from Sams than Costco. The Costco berries seem to spoil much faster.
Seriously? The last few times I've looked at berries at Sam's, I've seen spoiled ones right there in the store!

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Sams, but I hate the annoying freeloaders eating all the crappy sample foods and blocking up the aisle. Same old fart who crowd the local McDonalds in the morning for their senior discounted coffee

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Costco sells much higher quality beef, fully guaranteed. They also sell much higher quality fish, such as Halibut and Chilean Sea Bass. I buy Halibut from them. Delicious.

Costco has pretty much the same basic things as Sams, and sells a lot more choices of high quality stuff.

No matter how busy Costco is, no matter how many people in the checkout line, they will have plenty of checkout lines open, and when it's really busy they'll have at least 2 and sometimes 3 people working the checkout. I've seen one employee taking things out of your cart and putting them on the conveyor belt, the cashier scanning them and a 3rderson putting your items back in your cart. They also work much faster and harder and quicker than Sams. Sams will only have a couple checkouts open, lines taking too long to move up, and one slow as molasses checker doing it all.

The average Costco employee is more cheerful and happy than Sams because they are paid way better and get better benefits and respect and treatment by management than Sams could ever dream of.

Go to some Costcos and look around at employee badges. Employees for 10 to 15 and 20 years, ask them how they like working for Costco. There's a reason.

I'm a CURRENT member of Sams since the orginal Sams #1 opened in Midwest City, and a Costco member for almost 10 years. Both cards are in my wallet.

There's a reason why Costco is miles ahead, the undisputed leader. Costcos annual sales per square foot is way over $1,000 and close to $1,200. Sams has a dismal, in comparison, annual sales per square foot of around $600.

People who have choices vote with their wallet.

When Costco opens I will not renew my Sams membership. I vote with my wallet too.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One reason Costco’s annual sales per foot is higher is because of higher quality stuff. As in Costco stocks and prices their inventory higher than Sam’s. Costco built their Tulsa store in the highest rent district with available land. The clientele that shops there are in the upper income level. Costco would be considered a premium store versus Sam’s.

From an investor standpoint, higher sales per foot is an attractive metric. From a money saving consumer looking for good prices on products standpoint, not so much.

If you want to buy premium, higher quality items and have a better shopping experience, go to Costco and probably pay more. I have both cards in my wallet and go to both stores. Sam’s has a much better price on diesel fuel, even better than Costco’s discounted price. We shop Sam’s more than Costco because of the drive time to Costco. If Costco and Sams were next to each other, we’d probably shop at Costco more.

Btw, if someone is looking to save money on basic food items, go to Aldi. It is amazing the price difference from walmart. Their prices are likely the lowest in town if you are ok with non name-brand food.

Latest posts

Top Bottom