San Antonio-Area School District to Allow Armed Teachers for Classroom Defense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have talked to a Super or two here in Oklahoma and both were against arming teachers. They believe because of the “small town” feel of their districts, it is not necessary to arm in order to protect the children. I think they are foolish.
I don’t care where the school is it should arm the staff. Shootings can happen anywhere. Now they are just fish in a barrel.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I moved here to Oklahoma a little over 2 years ago (and love it, BTW!) from northern Idaho. I know most of Oklahoma is very pro-gun. Idaho people are on another level of pro-gun altogether.

In 2018 (I think) near Pocatello in southern Idaho a student was carrying a handgun to school. His sister confronted him about it and he hit her with the gun. When she got to school she reported her brother to the staff. They locked down the school and called law enforcement.

Well, before the police/sheriff's deputies could get there some students texted/called their parents to tell them what was going on. Several parents responded to the school armed with AR-15s, many arriving before law enforcement. One parent arrived carrying a handgun (in his hands...not holstered) and had a confrontation with a State Trooper, I believe.

After the incident the sheriff explained how that might be a bad idea, some of which I agreed with. But many parents told him to piss up a rope...they said if their kids were threatened they weren't gonna wait for the police to take care of the problem. None of the parents were charged...they weren't even told they couldn't do it. The sheriff just explained that it might not be a good idea and could lead to confusion. Personally, I can see both sides but I'd have to lean more towards protecting my kids.

Most people in northern Idaho are even more rabidly pro-gun than they are in the south.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I moved here to Oklahoma a little over 2 years ago (and love it, BTW!) from northern Idaho. I know most of Oklahoma is very pro-gun. Idaho people are on another level of pro-gun altogether.

In 2018 (I think) near Pocatello in southern Idaho a student was carrying a handgun to school. His sister confronted him about it and he hit her with the gun. When she got to school she reported her brother to the staff. They locked down the school and called law enforcement.

Well, before the police/sheriff's deputies could get there some students texted/called their parents to tell them what was going on. Several parents responded to the school armed with AR-15s, many arriving before law enforcement. One parent arrived carrying a handgun (in his hands...not holstered) and had a confrontation with a State Trooper, I believe.

After the incident the sheriff explained how that might be a bad idea, some of which I agreed with. But many parents told him to piss up a rope...they said if their kids were threatened they weren't gonna wait for the police to take care of the problem. None of the parents were charged...they weren't even told they couldn't do it. The sheriff just explained that it might not be a good idea and could lead to confusion. Personally, I can see both sides but I'd have to lean more towards protecting my kids.

Most people in northern Idaho are even more rabidly pro-gun than they are in the south.
And Idaho has NEVER had a mass shooting either. Says allot about a heavily armed population:
https://amp.idahostatesman.com/news/local/community/boise/article255279361.html

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I offered all Oklahoma schools free classes for teachers and other staff members if they would allow teachers to carry in the classrooms, not one district contacted me back ?!
Ridiculous. They want the kids to be ducks in a pond. Pisses me off how keeping our kids safe in our schools isn’t a priority.

Latest posts

Top Bottom