Sand Bass Yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang I'm whipped. Hit Chouteau bend at 09:45 with the wife and my buddy jumped in the the boat with us about 2pm. We stopped at 6:45pm to cull some more before heading home. CONSERVATIVE estimate is about 130 caught, but probably closer to 150. My buddy kept count and caught 32 himself between 2 and 6:45. We were tossing back a lot of decent sized males and easily another 30-40 were actually keepers. We just finished cleaning fish, prepping the boat for tomorrow and cleaning up.

I've got a pic of the 59 on the deck, but I'm too pooped to upload it and post. I'll do that tomorrow night.

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well today was windy as heck and they weren't running water like they were Saturday. We caught 53 today and only kept 18, but four of them were nice slab crappie. My wife caught the last fish of the day and she was a WHALE! With a flawlessly set drag, she managed to catch a 60" paddlefish that we estimated at about 60 pounds (my scale only goes to 50# and it zeroed out with pounds left to go). took about a half hour to get her to the boat and calm enough to land. Allegedly they only spawn about every 2-3 years? Her belly was swollen with eggs and she looked relieved when we put her back.

Oh, did I mention she caught it with a crankbait on 12# test? :D

Again, too tired to upload pics tonight, but I'll get some up tomorrow!

Latest posts

Top Bottom