Sand Plums

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
went down to the north canadian river near norman and it was meager pickings. seems like maybe a week or two late for this part of the state.

anyone have a good area around the metro they'd be willing to share? i'd love to find some; i'll give a free jar of jelly to whoever hooks me up with a good spot ;)

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
holy $&@^ i'm back?!

anywho, i bottled up ~9 liters of sand plum wine a few weeks ago. i forget sometimes how slow they are to ferment, especially if you do it simple like me; juice 'em and discard the hulls. the wine is *very* sweet, almost a bit too much for my taste, but makes a great dessert wine.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
holy $&@^ i'm back?!

anywho, i bottled up ~9 liters of sand plum wine a few weeks ago. i forget sometimes how slow they are to ferment, especially if you do it simple like me; juice 'em and discard the hulls. the wine is *very* sweet, almost a bit too much for my taste, but makes a great dessert wine.
You didn't offer wine for sand plums. I probably could had a couple women bringing you buckets of plums.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Mine didn’t make. Weird. I saw a bunch on our drive to Ponca City yesterday but didn’t have time to hunt down the landowner for permission. Wish I could find some local in the middle part of the state.
I looked all over the metro and eventually found some at the only spot i know fer sure always has 'em, the sandy parts of the North Canadian. I found some south of Norman, but i'd assume the river has 'em all over. that'd be my first place to look as far as central ok goes, they won't grow and fruit when they have grasses to compete with.

this late in the season i'm surprised you saw some still on the plant. makes me think about making another drive.....

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You didn't offer wine for sand plums. I probably could had a couple women bringing you buckets of plums.
you bring the women; i'll the bring wine. sounds like a good time lol.

i didn't want to go hog wild. i sold sand plum jelly and salsa here yeaaarrrs ago, and after a few years i eventually had too many plums and just basically let them waste. this time i didn't want to have a massive surplus (i was low on deep freeze space until a user here hooked me up with his old one!!) but now if the offer still stands.... ^_^

Latest posts

Top Bottom