Sand Plums

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I planted Prime Ark Freedom blackberries last year, and they’re doing great. They’re coming on slow, but it looks like there’s going to be an onslaught soon.:thumb:
1A711C66-2E2D-4B6D-BBCB-20234A765B28.jpeg

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inquiring minds do....

i have a big stainless soup pot that holds about two gallon of plum with about six inches of pot to spare. i fill over the plum with about 3 inches of water and boil them for about 2 hours. then i have an old beater out of one of those old oster hand mixers that i chuck into my cordless drill. i run the drill on high rpm up and down in the boiled plums until the flesh is removed from the seed. then after it cools down i pour all of this through a tupperware spaghetti strainer to remove the seeds. you can add water to thin it down if you want or let it sit and pull off the clear juice for jelly if you like that kind you can see through. i use the whole fruit less the seeds in my jelly.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was up last week, it was hit and miss at my place. There were bushes that had a bunch, and there were bushes with none. I normally love plums, but the ripe ones I ate tasted horrible.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it is early for ripe ones, but I haven't been able to check my honey hole in the last few weeks to see if I see any juvenile plums.

Where's is at, I'll go check it for ya..

I'm hoping my parents can get some made this year. Last couple years their thickets haven't done much.

Edit - and then I'll start paying more attention to posting dates, lol.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where's is at, I'll go check it for ya..

I'm hoping my parents can get some made this year. Last couple years their thickets haven't done much.

Edit - and then I'll start paying more attention to posting dates, lol.
Many are loaded this year. Go pick a bucket for your folks. That is what I do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom