Sarah Palin - Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually Sarah did say that, and Tina Fey parodied it on SNL

Exhibit A:
http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/new...eally-say-you-can-see-russia-from-alaska.html

No Palin said you can see Russia from Alaska and you can at times and in certain places. Been there, done that.

She did not say you can see Russia from my house. That grew out of her comment that being so close to Russia and dealing with them on trade etc gave her more foreign policy experience then Obama. Again true.

EDIT: Here is a little backup to it.

http://www.slate.com/id/2200155/

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But she did say "You can actually see Russia from Alaska" in response to Gibson's question.

Tina Fey played it up a bit but the funny part is that "You can actually see Russia from Alaska" is supposed to be a serious answer to "What insight into Russian actions does Alaska's proximity give you?"

BTW Tina's impression of Palin is priceless. :pms2:

boomerzz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did read anything but the original question, but the answer is in Saul Alinsky's writing.

You want to link her to the tea party because you group your enemies together and demonize them.

Modern liberals added one thing to his ruleset, if you can't find anything bad, just call them a racist.

permafrost

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Palin never said that, the chick from SNL did. In fact many of the stupid things Palin is supposed to have said came from the SNL broad. Now she does not do well in interviews against a hostile interviewer but she is not nearly as stupid as many claim. I would still rather have a different choice but she is better then Obama.

As for Palin running in 2012, it is the best chance she will ever have to become Prez. At the rate Obama is losing support by 2012 Jeb Bush could beat him. Running against almost anyone else Palin would probably not stand a chance but against Obama she is already polling higher.

If that guy would get out of his recliner and not check facts with a 12" globe(LMAO) he would know that from some parts of Alaska (across the Bering strait,less than fifty miles) on some days you can see Russia!

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just think. There could be two Russians right now on the coast looking east and saying to each other, "Why does that American woman keep looking at us?"

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong.

She's no more ridonculous than Biden. She just looks better while being ridonculous.

I'm reminded of an old line:

"If I told you had a great chest, would you hold it against me?" -Groucho Marx

elshadow001

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't you folks realized that the Government is shoving this political crap down peoples throats!

Open your eyes and look around, I remember just a few short years back when no one mentioned this stuff.

When they bring in the popular vote system then I will cast mine. But not with the electoral college. It's just more BS to get people stirred up and not look at the real problem in this country

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But she did say "You can actually see Russia from Alaska" in response to Gibson's question.

Tina Fey played it up a bit but the funny part is that "You can actually see Russia from Alaska" is supposed to be a serious answer to "What insight into Russian actions does Alaska's proximity give you?"

BTW Tina's impression of Palin is priceless. :pms2:

See my previous post.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMG, I was thinking the same thing this morning when I was watching the news while ironing my ninja clothes. They were talking about Christine O'Donnell (the lady that won in Delaware) and how Palin had something to do with it. I just don't get it. Can people not win based on their own merit or what? Geez.
name recognition and she resonates with the average American and she scares the crap outa the dems and the establishment and the media and the rinos and the welfare mommas and the entitlement minded voters and the panthers and the illegals and..............should I go on.
She may or may not be good or even average presidential material but she is US and thats why middle america likes her. Get on the wagon or get outa the way.....

Oh and she is really scaring the turds out the kenyian......stay tuned for that one

Latest posts

Top Bottom