Sarah Palin - Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got up this morning, turned on the news, and here is all of the hubub about the Tea Party-backed candidates winning in the primaries, and it's led off with "big wins for the Tea Party and Sarah Palin". Exactly WTF does she have to do with anything? She's not running, her endorsements mean jack, and the people are basically voting out the turdage that has been stinking up Congress because they're tired of the RHINOs as well as the Democrats. I'm so sick of the worthless media hitching the Tea Party wagon to Sarah Palin, who is a giant non-factor. Heard the same tripe on KRMG radio on the way to work. Enough about that hag already, and quit giving her credit....and credibility. Can't the voters just make a statement? Jeebus.

Yes, I think this is a lot more true than not, good point; however, there are a certain contingent of R primary voters who in their own minds see Sarah as someone they like, and more importantly, as someone who is pretty much completely aligned with what they consider to be their own "tea party-ish ideals" - they can 'correctly' do this since there's nothing well-defined about what exactly ARE the 'tea party ideals / platform'. So the media is off-base, but not way, waaaay off-base.

Personally I like Sarah, for the most part, and frankly, we have NO IDEA, for sure, whether she would be (would HAVE BEEN), a tow-the-party-line, big-spending, pukey-limbaugh-RINO or what at the federal level, because she hasn't been elected to any federal office! So we can fantasize that she'd be a somewhat Ron Paul-ish leaning true conservative, even if pure fantasy (hey why not? We're already fantasizing about her anyway, right?). She probably would have been (and would be / will be) a dyed-in-the-wool RINO as VPOTUS, cabinet secretary, POTUS, etc., but perhaps had she been running for Alaska Senator, would probably of course have to be much more of a true conservative to win and keep that spot from that state.

Then again, she was McCain's ticket, who is pretty much the king of all RINOs, so...... I'm not sure why, but I don't hate McCain like I do the likes of Boehner, Bush's, et al... I guess it's his manner of calm, reasoned speaking, even if he votes for most every gun right infringement that comes down the pike, and led the charge for the worst free speech suppression since the Alien & Sedition Acts (which took a reversed 5-4 SCOTUS decision to restore the lost rights).

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't stand Palin. She lost the smidge of credibility she had when she left here elected post in Alaska. If (in some f'ed up distortion of reality) were to be elected pres, what would she do when she realized "this is hard"? Quit and walk away? BS. she gets nothing from me. It was McCain's bad decision on Palin that cost him the election, now we are stuck with a potus that is good at nothing but speaches and campaigning. And everybody is realizing it 1.5 yrs in. Oops! maybe electing a guy with no experience was a bad idea.... I disagree with the T party on a lot of points, but they are certainly not typical dems or repubs, of which I have no use anymore. Personally, I am a libertarian (registered repub), I want the govmt to stay out of my life except to protect the borders and a few social programs to help those do for themselves. Is it too much to ask that people actually work for a living?

Actually, it was McCain's bad decision to act like he knew everything and voters should listen to him rather than the other way around that cost him the election. Had he picked another "moderate" like himself, he would have lost by a larger margin.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rajder
Exactly. She couldn't even continue with the easiest govener position in America. She is a quitter that only has one liners and generic talking points. She has never said anything with any substance. But the media love her because she draws the ratings.

Hmmmm, this sounds like another recently elected official. Maybe this is the requirements for POTUS.

Ha, ha - good point!

Oklahoma_mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And the fact that a lot of times her endorsements are not at all in line with the Tea Party as well as the fact that many times the Tea party backed candidate has beaten the Palin backed candidate. It's obvious to anyone paying attention that Palin and the Tea Party are not the same thing.

QFT!!!

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly, it isnt the media thats responsible for attaching her to the TP. I think if you really look at some of the TP rallies, there are many GOPs that are using it as a "everyday man" campaign machine. This is why I completely abandoned it. As soon as the TP started arguing social issues, I was out. The TP is not a political party or a campaign machine. It should not be endorsing anyone. Their primary focus should be removing the filth, those with both D and R next to their title, and that alone. If they would do a complete return to the essence of TP, I will jump on board.

As far as Palin, shes a turd. However, regardless of her turddom, she is a useful tool to the GOP. She has a large following (which I dont understand), and can still energize many Republican (neo-con) voters. But the neo-con vote isnt what needs to be energized. Its the moderate republicans, paleocons and libertarians (that are in states where they have to choose either D or R, Thanks Oklahoma!) that need the energizing.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, it was McCain's bad decision to act like he knew everything and voters should listen to him rather than the other way around that cost him the election. Had he picked another "moderate" like himself, he would have lost by a larger margin.

I'll go a different direction and say it was his "Let's play nice" act that didnt last because the other side didnt want to play by that rule that cost him the election.

However, in my previous post, the comment about moderate republicans, paleos and libertarians is true as well. Palin as a party rallier is like playing barry white to get rabbits to reproduce. Seems like a good idea, but the people she's playing to will already behave in the desired manner.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was McCain's bad decision on Palin that cost him the election,

John McCain's ship of state was sinking long before you heard of Sarah Palin.
Picking her was a desperate last attemp to look like a populist instead of the elitist he is.
Although picking her to be the goat is becoming a major national sport--receiving more press than OU football--so far she hasn't affected much of anything at the national level.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I disagree, in talking to individuals that voted for Obama here locally, they said Palin swung them the opposite direction. To be honest, I believe there were many moderate votes out there and that McCain lost due to picking her. The people in the middle looked at Obama as the lesser of two evils, from what I have been told. Some seem to admit their fault now, some still insist that McCain would have been worse. Of course I disagree strongly but I think it's obvious that more thought needs to be put into running mates next time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom