Sarah Palin - Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll go a different direction and say it was his "Let's play nice" act that didnt last because the other side didnt want to play by that rule that cost him the election.

However, in my previous post, the comment about moderate republicans, paleos and libertarians is true as well. Palin as a party rallier is like playing barry white to get rabbits to reproduce. Seems like a good idea, but the people she's playing to will already behave in the desired manner.

I don't think it was playing nice, I think it was transparency. I was furious when he won the primary. I didn't even feel like going to the polls. All his pretense of becoming more conservative during the campaign was a sham. His making up with the NRA was a sham and his picking Palin as his running mate was a sham. He had no intention of acting as the majority of his national Republican constituency would have had him act.

Further, Obama is charismatic, McCain is not. Obama can suck in the uninformed masses with his charisma. McCain must rely on substance, of which he had none. The moderate Democrats were not swayed by him. Even his Arizona constituents are finally starting to see through him. Picking Palin momentarily assuaged many of the more frustrated Republicans who would have otherwise stayed home on election day. Right or wrong, it was a Hail Mary for McCain that didn't work.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree, in talking to individuals that voted for Obama here locally, they said Palin swung them the opposite direction. To be honest, I believe there were many moderate votes out there and that McCain lost due to picking her. The people in the middle looked at Obama as the lesser of two evils, from what I have been told. Some seem to admit their fault now, some still insist that McCain would have been worse. Of course I disagree strongly but I think it's obvious that more thought needs to be put into running mates next time.

I think next time more though needs to be put into picking the main candidate. McCain suffered from bad judgement on more points than picking Palin. :(

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think next time more though needs to be put into picking the main candidate. McCain suffered from bad judgement on more points than picking Palin. :(

I agree but I'm just telling you what I've been told by those that swung the other way.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't stand her. I'll admit, I watched the speech when McCain announced her as his running mate, and I jumped on the bandwagon... I'm ashamed that I ever supported her. She's too polarizing, and that's not something that we need right now. With more and more moderates/independents being pushed away from the left, she's the worst we could want to "meet them in the middle."

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It most certainly isn't Palin's party or anything like that but regardless, several candidates that she endorsed who were lagging in the polls/primaries picked up considerable speed and in some cases have won the primaries (i.e. Joe Miller in Alaska) after the endorsement was made. I would use O'Donnell as an example of this in the DE primary but I am not sure what her poll numbers looked like before and after the endorsement. To say her endorsements mean jack is not accurate.

She is certainly not single handedly responsible for the results, that's mostly the voters, but by endorsing a candidate she acts to make an unfamiliar candidate, familiar to everyday voters by virtue of the fact that people know what she stands for.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder where the moderators are at? I have posted some political topics that have suddenly disappeared after only a few replies. I accepted that after I read that they(moderators) couldn't handle a full time political forum. This anti-Palin rant has gone on for three pages and doesn't look like it's going to stop any time soon. I guess you just have to post the "right", excuse me "left" kind of thread to be not deleted or removed.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder where the moderators are at? I have posted some political topics that have suddenly disappeared after only a few replies. I accepted that after I read that they(moderators) couldn't handle a full time political forum. This anti-Palin rant has gone on for three pages and doesn't look like it's going to stop any time soon. I guess you just have to post the "right", excuse me "left" kind of thread to be not deleted or removed.
Commies are everywhere round here :NO:

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whether she's endorsed these wins or not, I totally agree with the "WTF" statement. The media is treating the tea party like it's Palin's personal voter block. They've never been able to get anything right.

It is possible that they are hitching the Tea Party's wagon to Sarah Palin in an effort to cause a crash.

The media is not so much afraid of who she is but what she represents. She represents the people taking power back from Washington and that's scary as hell to both the conservative and liberal elite, both groups to which many media members belong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom