Sarah Palin - Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As for Palin, I do not agree with her on everything but she scares the crap out of the Dems and that is always a good thing.

In fact the Tea Party is slowly working to take over the GOP.

Don't disagree with this, but in answer to lots of statments:

Some complain that she left the goveners job in Alaska, but,
How many great people have left mundane jobs early in their career for something greater???
Y'all that are content to be stuck in your position may not understand.

You expect her to speak for free?? Whats up with this?

How else would somebody work up a war chest for a run?

Do you not think hillary, obamination and all of the people we love to hate, as well as the people we want elected, are not charging for speaking engagments?
Good God, those arguments are so shallow.

Bill is activally speaking to gain money for hillarys run.
Hillary is speaking to raise money.
Newt is speaking,
The election process is nothing more than an exercise in who can raise the most money and produce the most damaging advertisments against the rival.

Y'all need to wake up and smell the stench.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It most certainly isn't Palin's party or anything like that but regardless, several candidates that she endorsed who were lagging in the polls/primaries picked up considerable speed and in some cases have won the primaries (i.e. Joe Miller in Alaska) after the endorsement was made. I would use O'Donnell as an example of this in the DE primary but I am not sure what her poll numbers looked like before and after the endorsement. To say her endorsements mean jack is not accurate.

She is certainly not single handedly responsible for the results, that's mostly the voters, but by endorsing a candidate she acts to make an unfamiliar candidate, familiar to everyday voters by virtue of the fact that people know what she stands for.

O'Donnell was given no chance by the talking heads and was way behind in the polls until Palin backed her.

Muleman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems the majority on here don't care for Sarah Palin. So what exactly are you looking for in a politician? She obviously isn't as slick a liar as most. And she seems to honestly care about the people of America. As far as her intellect goes, could she be any more dense that Joe Bidden. Maybe it's just that she sounds dumb because she speaks on issues in a simple manner instead of the slick, twisting, never-take-a-stand way that all other politicians do.

I'm just curious to see who, in politics, most of you consider intelligent and genuine.

Furthermore, how do you feel about the Tea Party itself?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, I'm big enough to admit when I am wrong. And I was wrong.

The GOP hasn't totally co-opted the TP.

That was proven yesterday when the GOP sponsored robocalls to attack one of their own primary candidates, Christine O'Donnell.
And for what? Because they don't think she can win in November and the Most Important Thing to the 'establishment' is WINNING; gaining and KEEPING Power.
NOT principles.

Now, when these new candidates are sworn in(assuming they win their elections of course) is another matter.

The same establishment will see that they are assigned to unimportant committees that don't effectively control legislative agendas.

Wait and See :hot:

Lets also not forget Miller and several others who ran against GOP establishment picked candidates and won. The GOP is slowly changing because they are being forced to by the Tea Party and other groups, and yes even Palin. She has bucked the party establishment several times. Sometimes winning, sometimes losing but always trying.

Your last point may be correct this time around but I think the Tea Party will keep working after this election to replace the old guard with new faces. As I have posted before, it is not going to be quick or easy.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just curious to see who, in politics, most of you consider intelligent and genuine.

ahistoryspace.mrlocke.com_TeddyRoosevelt.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom