Sarah Palin - Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't disagree with this, but in answer to lots of statments:

Some complain that she left the goveners job in Alaska, but,
How many great people have left mundane jobs early in their career for something greater???
Y'all that are content to be stuck in your position may not understand.

You expect her to speak for free?? Whats up with this?

How else would somebody work up a war chest for a run?

Do you not think hillary, obamination and all of the people we love to hate, as well as the people we want elected, are not charging for speaking engagments?
Good God, those arguments are so shallow.

Bill is activally speaking to gain money for hillarys run.
Hillary is speaking to raise money.
Newt is speaking,
The election process is nothing more than an exercise in who can raise the most money and produce the most damaging advertisments against the rival.

Y'all need to wake up and smell the stench.

Many sound like they don't like her and don't even know why. Guess that means the liberal media is doing a good job of what they wanted to do all along...

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many sound like they don't like her and don't even know why. Guess that means the liberal media is doing a good job of what they wanted to do all along...

True. I don't DIS-like her, but they are doing a good job of linking her with every tea party event in the nation.

-Werewolf, I agree that they are trying to cause a crash, the DNC is celebrating Tea party wins as well because they think they will have an easy win in November. This is from Yahoo:

"Democrats, who face a wave of voter anger over the economy, hope their opponents will be saddled with ultra-conservative candidates who may be too extreme for moderate voters.

Polls in Delaware show that Ms O'Donnell will lose to the Democrat candidate in November. The Republican she beat would have won.

Tim Kaine, chairman of the Democratic National Committee, said: 'There are seats that six months ago we would have lost that we will now win in November because Republicans are picking candidates outside of the mainstream.'"

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True. I don't DIS-like her, but they are doing a good job of linking her with every tea party event in the nation.

-Werewolf, I agree that they are trying to cause a crash, the DNC is celebrating Tea party wins as well because they think they will have an easy win in November. This is from Yahoo:

"Democrats, who face a wave of voter anger over the economy, hope their opponents will be saddled with ultra-conservative candidates who may be too extreme for moderate voters.

Polls in Delaware show that Ms O'Donnell will lose to the Democrat candidate in November. The Republican she beat would have won.

Tim Kaine, chairman of the Democratic National Committee, said: 'There are seats that six months ago we would have lost that we will now win in November because Republicans are picking candidates outside of the mainstream.'"

That just means that the Republicans who were sent to Washington should have held to the party principles in the first place and they wouldn't be in this mess! The Tea Party isn't to blame, stupid Republican politicians are to blame!

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems the majority on here don't care for Sarah Palin. So what exactly are you looking for in a politician? She obviously isn't as slick a liar as most. And she seems to honestly care about the people of America. As far as her intellect goes, could she be any more dense that Joe Bidden. Maybe it's just that she sounds dumb because she speaks on issues in a simple manner instead of the slick, twisting, never-take-a-stand way that all other politicians do.

I'm just curious to see who, in politics, most of you consider intelligent and genuine.

Furthermore, how do you feel about the Tea Party itself?

It's not that I dont' like her. It's just that I don't want her running my country. And it doesn't have anything to do with how she speaks, it has everything to do with the fact that never said anything of any substance in regards to forgein policy, domestic policy, stimulating the economy, etc. If you watched the original interview with Katic Couric she just looked like someone who was way over her head and with the writing on her hand, etc the just seems like she doesn't really know what going on. From that point on the only interviews that she has ever done are on Fox and all the questions have to be prescreened so she can prepare her answers in advance. So we don't get to see the real Sarah Palin just a version of her that her PR team gets to put out there. I think if she ever did a political debate she would get massacared and her team knows it.

She is nothing but catch phrases and talking points that she knows will get her base fired up. I'm tired of hearing about mama grizzley's, soccer moms, take back our country, etc. I want to here her plans on how she is going to fix this country and the problems that we face. Her fans love her because she is "just like us regular people". The problem is that being President is the hardest job in the world and regular people can't succeed at it. I have more education and real world experience then she does and I promise you that there is no way that I am anywhere close to being qualified to run this country. I don't want an average person running my country. I want an exceptional person running my country.

We have all seen what the consequences are when we elect someone who doesn't have enough experience to be president. Why would we want to make the same mistake twice? You compared her to Joe Biden and in many ways there are similar. They both speak like normal people and neither are rich. The only difference is that Joe Biden has a lifetime of congressional experience when she has none (I'm not endorsing Biden, just stating the differences). After she spends 20 years in congress then she can think about being president.

I'm not sure that I can name anyone in politics who is more genuine. It just seems like for a long time our choices for President have been between a turd sandwich and a turd salad. Either one we pick would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems the majority on here don't care for Sarah Palin...

Which is really wierd...

Considering that when she was announced as the VP for McCain way back during the 2008 Presidential campaign, it was a freaking love fest on here for her. I don't remember any dislike of her on this forum back then. She was the savior of McCain's campaign and was the hope for a republican victory.

I guess a lot has changed since then. Know more about her? The babe factor wore off? Who knows?

Personally I think she's the same woman today she was in 2008. If she runs for Pres (I hope she doesn't) at the primary level it'd be a tough decision on whether or not to vote for her based on her beliefs (most of which I agree with) or whether or not I thought she could win against the probable Dem nominee. A lot would depend on what repubs were in the primary and whether I thought any of them could beat the probable Dem nominee. Might even have to vote for her just on principle rather than practicality if none of the repubs could beat the obamanation.

Is she setting up for a run for Pres in 2012 - probably not but who knows?

Does she have influence over the way conservatives think and who will win as a true small government, low tax republican candidate - that really cannot be argued as she obviously has influence (how much influence is up for debate).

If she did somehow become pres would she be a good one? She would if she played the same game as Reagan. In other words surrounded herself with competent, experienced and intelligent advisors (Reagan was a moron but he knew how to pick quality people to advise him). Whether or not she would/could do that though is IMO doubtful.

Is she a MILF? No doubt about it. :D

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She was the savior of McCain's campaign and was the hope for a republican victory.

Even though I don't like her, she WAS the savior of McCain's campaign. It was a brilliant political strategy move and if things had gone a little differently she would have put him in the white house.

Old fence riding man picks young, attractive, female governor from the wild west that nobody had ever heard of at the last minute. There were just a few problems, namely her poor speaking/debate skills...and her personal/family life going public. If you took those 2 things away, Palin would have put that old man in the white house.

The GOP is a dinosaur. The Tea Party is not going to save it either, that baby has done been thrown out with the bath water. To compete with the Dems, we need candidates with the same appeal that put Barack in office. Only minus the anti-capitalist ideology. Think Ron Paul, only younger and not as wacky.

I really don't see a "conservative" president ever being elected again in my lifetime. Maybe not even a Republican, unless the GOP goes through some changes. The litmus test will be the 2012 election. If Obama gets a second term, they might as well pack it in. That says as much about the voters as it does the GOP, but two stupids don't make a smart.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will readily admit that when I first saw Palin I was intrigued by her zest for freedom. It was only after hearing her speak in depth in interviews that I realized there was no substance. In my opinion she was full of as much hot air as Obama, only without the ability to follow-up her initial thought. I don't know that she was the savior to McCain's campaign at all. He did lose didn't he? I think McCain was running a losing race from the off.

It is a money game, but honest people run all the time, and they win from time to time. From what I can see, this is prior to getting the full backing from the GOP. Once you're in bed with the devil, you're screwed. Until we have an open system, where anyone can make the ballot (not just one of the big two) we're going to be fighting a losing battle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom