Sarah Palin - Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Which is really wierd...

Considering that when she was announced as the VP for McCain way back during the 2008 Presidential campaign, it was a freaking love fest on here for her. I don't remember any dislike of her on this forum back then. She was the savior of McCain's campaign and was the hope for a republican victory.

I guess a lot has changed since then. Know more about her? The babe factor wore off? Who knows?

Personally I think she's the same woman today she was in 2008. If she runs for Pres (I hope she doesn't) at the primary level it'd be a tough decision on whether or not to vote for her based on her beliefs (most of which I agree with) or whether or not I thought she could win against the probable Dem nominee. A lot would depend on what repubs were in the primary and whether I thought any of them could beat the probable Dem nominee. Might even have to vote for her just on principle rather than practicality if none of the repubs could beat the obamanation.

Is she setting up for a run for Pres in 2012 - probably not but who knows?

Does she have influence over the way conservatives think and who will win as a true small government, low tax republican candidate - that really cannot be argued as she obviously has influence (how much influence is up for debate).

If she did somehow become pres would she be a good one? She would if she played the same game as Reagan. In other words surrounded herself with competent, experienced and intelligent advisors (Reagan was a moron but he knew how to pick quality people to advise him). Whether or not she would/could do that though is IMO doubtful.

Is she a MILF? No doubt about it. :D

^^^^^^WOW!! What he said.

rr2008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of concern to me would be if she were elected, would she at some time decide she was done, that her "fight for what's right" wouldn't be to serve as POTUS anymore? And how would that sit with everyone, i guess we could ask the voters in Alaska.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of concern to me would be if she were elected, would she at some time decide she was done, that her "fight for what's right" wouldn't be to serve as POTUS anymore? And how would that sit with everyone, i guess we could ask the voters in Alaska.

Power is more addictive than the most addictive drugs known to man. Once you've tasted it unless you are a very special person different from most of your fellows you will want more.

Palin is no different.

The Presidency of the United States of America rates about as high on the power scale in the world as you can get. It may very well be the most powerful position on the planet.

I cannot imagine anyone with the ambition to seek the office who goes on to win it abandoning it for any reason. It does happen, though rarely. Lyndon Johnson is an example - but then he was excoriated by the press and the people over Vietnam. He was done he knew it and abdicated the throne by refusing to run for a 2nd term. He did not abandon the office midstream.

Can anyone think of any other president that refused to run for a 2nd term or one that quit in the middle of a term other than Nixon (who did it to avoid being impeached)?

I cannot.

The likelihood of Palin being President is pretty close to ZERO IMO but if she made it quitting is not something I see in her future.

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As far as her intellect goes, could she be any more dense that Joe Bidden. Maybe it's just that she sounds dumb because she speaks on issues in a simple manner instead of the slick, twisting, never-take-a-stand way that all other politicians do.

Ahem- hem. I think that maybe she just sounds dumb b/c she is a tater head.

Rule #1 of how to win as vice president. When asked the question of "where does the vice president live?" . Provide the actual answer to the question instead of guessing. This would make you appear to be knowledgeable of what the vice pres does when in office.

I dont think the leftist media is showing her in as bad a light as she is showing herself. When dealing with someone like Palin you just sit back and watch her take herself out of the game.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sarah spoke at a fund raiser in Iowa yesterday.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100918/ap_on_el_ge/us_palin_iowa

Her appearance in the state where precinct caucuses traditionally launch the presidential nominating season drew intense attention, but she found time to joke about it. If she laced up her running shoes, she said, the headlines would read: "Palin in Iowa, decides to run."
:rollingla

President Barack Obama's spokesman said Friday that he believes Palin was testing the waters in Iowa for a possible presidential run. Press secretary Robert Gibbs said this is the time of year when potential candidates head to the politically important state to gauge the likelihood of a campaign.

Gibbs said it's clear that Palin can rally the very conservative elements of the Republican base and she may be "the most formidable force" in the GOP right now.

Sarah is going to run in 12 and it's obvious that's who the politicos in the WH would prefer to run against.

rr2008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i think she should run, we need someone with good vision. she obviously has good vision because she can see russia from her house. I take her at her word on that because i have never been to alaska, much less the palin house, not have i ever been to russia. but i have a 12 inch globe and can find russia and alaska on it. and i can tell that it would take someone with exceptional vision to see russia from anywhere in alaska. (i'm sorry she just cracks me up, perhaps she missed her calling, she could have been a comedian).

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i think she should run, we need someone with good vision. she obviously has good vision because she can see russia from her house. I take her at her word on that because i have never been to alaska, much less the palin house, not have i ever been to russia. but i have a 12 inch globe and can find russia and alaska on it. and i can tell that it would take someone with exceptional vision to see russia from anywhere in alaska. (i'm sorry she just cracks me up, perhaps she missed her calling, she could have been a comedian).

Palin never said that, the chick from SNL did. In fact many of the stupid things Palin is supposed to have said came from the SNL broad. Now she does not do well in interviews against a hostile interviewer but she is not nearly as stupid as many claim. I would still rather have a different choice but she is better then Obama.

As for Palin running in 2012, it is the best chance she will ever have to become Prez. At the rate Obama is losing support by 2012 Jeb Bush could beat him. Running against almost anyone else Palin would probably not stand a chance but against Obama she is already polling higher.

rr2008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My bad, it was Tina that made that statement, dam it was hard for me to tell the two of them apart. they were so much alike. No wonder I thought Sarah Palin could have been a comedian.

Latest posts

Top Bottom