Saturday at the NRA Meeting in Houston

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since the concert got canceled for Saturday night, we decided to checkout of the hotel and just go to the exhibit hall to finish up deals and then the members meeting and trainer's update.

First thing we noticed was the price jump in parking from $10 to $25. The guy running the lot said it was because of parking demands from protestors.

When we arrived, we saw more media than protestors. Houston PD numbers were still there, but seemed more relaxed.

Mood and energy in the hall seemed different. You could see a difference from people that had been there Friday, vs the people showing up just for Saturday.

The members meeting was very disappointing. One member stood up and tried to simply ask for a count of board of directors present, but the Chairman refused. He also tried other actions, but when the Chairman put it to a vote, the front row Lapierre sycophants voted in a block against it. When it finally came to New business, some guy proposed a resolution supporting current NRA leadership. When people lined up to speak for it from their printed statements, I quickly saw where this was going and left. I noticed the NRA posted on Twitter about the resolution in support of Lapierre. But they failed to mention there were less than 125 people ...

I'm glad my last thing to attend was the trainer's update. Listening to the changes in training and the great things that other trainers are doing was really inspiring. It reminded me why I will always support the NRA mission of training and education. There was an incredibly low turnout.

If Saturday was any indication, I don't think the board of directors will break Lapierre's stranglehold on the NRA ...

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since the concert got canceled for Saturday night, we decided to checkout of the hotel and just go to the exhibit hall to finish up deals and then the members meeting and trainer's update.

First thing we noticed was the price jump in parking from $10 to $25. The guy running the lot said it was because of parking demands from protestors.

When we arrived, we saw more media than protestors. Houston PD numbers were still there, but seemed more relaxed.

Mood and energy in the hall seemed different. You could see a difference from people that had been there Friday, vs the people showing up just for Saturday.

The members meeting was very disappointing. One member stood up and tried to simply ask for a count of board of directors present, but the Chairman refused. He also tried other actions, but when the Chairman put it to a vote, the front row Lapierre sycophants voted in a block against it. When it finally came to New business, some guy proposed a resolution supporting current NRA leadership. When people lined up to speak for it from their printed statements, I quickly saw where this was going and left.

I'm glad my last thing to attend was the trainer's update. Listening to the changes in training and the great things that other trainers are doing was really inspiring. It reminded me why I will always support the NRA mission of training and education.

If Saturday was any indication, I don't think the board of directors will break Lapierre's stranglehold on the NRA ...
Then the membership should break the NRA. I‘ve already paid for a life membership, but I won’t give them another dime until that SOB is out.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jump ship dude. That boat is rotten
All my Instructor and Coaching credentials are from the NRA. Without my NRA Pistol Instructor, I can't have my CLEET certification which allows me to have my Oklahoma SDA Instructor certification.

Also, NRA Coaching credentials are the basis for recognition and involvement in USA Shooting Sports. As well as Scouting and 4H.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Regrettably, it went pretty much as I expected it would. SO, we are stuck with the current 'leadership' until the Board of Directors is overhauled. Those of you who are voting members, remember this when elections come around. As I said somewhere else, I have never been successful at contacting our board members. If anybody has any tips for actually getting ahold of them, please let me know. Otherwise, I guess I will just never again vote for an incumbent.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The members meeting was very disappointing. One member stood up and tried to simply ask for a count of board of directors present, but the Chairman refused. He also tried other actions, but when the Chairman put it to a vote, the front row Lapierre sycophants voted in a block against it. When it finally came to New business, some guy proposed a resolution supporting current NRA leadership. When people lined up to speak for it from their printed statements, I quickly saw where this was going and left. I noticed the NRA posted on Twitter about the resolution in support of Lapierre. But they failed to mention there were less than 125 people ...
Sounds kinda like a typical senate session.

Latest posts

Top Bottom