Savage Arm Fox model B/SE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok all you shotty guro's out there what can you tell me from personal experience about this gun.
I picked this one up and went thru it and found some parts that needed replaced from worn/missing got them on order and now for alot of elbow grease to get back into shape.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No pics at the moment but the previous owner sanded the stock so i have to refinish that and the barrel has some surface rust on the inside and outside that i have to deal with plus install all the parts i have ordered for it, hopefully when get thru i have a $60 functioning shotgun.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one of those new at a Gibson's store in Fayetteville or Ft Smith, Ark. back around 1970. I think it cost around $200. Seems like I recall they quit making it around that time, too. Not sure, everything is foggy these days. It was a good serviceable shotgun.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sounds about right. After thinking about it, I think I bought mine in Rogers, Ark, which was a relatively small town back then. It had probably been on the shelf for awhile. $200+ was a stiff price for a shotgun in those days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom