Savage bolt action pistol?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
The price definitely ain’t worth it
Agreed. It sits in a weird spot too. I feel that handgun hunting is all about mobility and not carry a lot of crap. If you have to drag a 5lb tripod and saddle to be able to accurately shoot your 6+lb loaded pistol past 75-100 yards you might as well bring a rifle.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I should have bought Magnum Research pistols in various calibers when they could be had at the $300 mark. Would have made great investments. Oogled many of them at OAS back in the day.

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recall they made them years ago, I think they called it Striker? Remington had one too…
Was it silhouette shooting? Don’t remember….. This new one looks to me like they’re trying to get more product into the “pistol brace” crowd….

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My dad had contenders, an Remington XP-100 and a Wichita Single Shot, all were a blast to shoot. I bought Lone Eagle from an OSA member several years ago in 7mm-08, fun to shoot and have killed a few does with it.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm agreeing with the comments over there. It's more of an SBR candidate.

Edit: Oh yeah, I see it now. A bolt on stock using the interlocking teeth and dovetail. It's like it's already designed. At minimum, an adapter to fit and slap on an AR stock.
1641522962272.png

Last edited:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the metallic silhouette days, there was many a Remington XP-100 re-barreled for .308. Some full length, some for a .308-inch-and-a-half. I fired many a round through an XP in full length .308. Factory/full bore loads were rather unpleasant, but I never shot many of those. My silhouette loads were cast bullet reloads.

ETA: No, I wouldn't buy one either. Especially not at that price. But, I do wish I had that XP-100 back!!!

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Remington 700CP. It’s a 12.5” barreled pistol in .308. Stupid buy on a whim but a lot of fun to shoot. I’ve heard there are folks who use them during pistol hunting season in other states.