Savage bolt gun questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I've decided that my next purchase is a flcp-sr. From what I read it's a phenomenal value. Now knowing me I am going to pump money into it slowly with a new chassis, trigger, bigger badder better bolt knob etc. My question is if I build the flcp-sr 308 can I put the parts on an axis .223? That way while I build one rifle I get to upgrade a second for free with donor parts. Will the axis fit the accustock? Will the mags or mag well work from 308 to 223? Will the accutrigger transfer over if I get a timney? The bolt body? Etc. What if all is interchangeable?

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully MoBoost will chime in here. He is the A wealth of knowledge on savage's the mag well and magazine won't work from 308 to 223. There will be the answers to all your questions over at savage shooters forum. As well.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No parts will interchange between the Axis and 10 except for the barrel.
Building LEFT handed rifle will be a pain - finding parts is near impossible. With that said FLCP-SR already got all the goodies - just buy good glass and burn thousands of dollars in ammo. And when that gets old - buy better glass ;)