Savage Hog Hunter build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Started as this:
www.galleryofguns.com_ProdImageSm_19661.jpg

And the progression:
Strip from stock, removes sights;
Add B&C stock
Add Farrell base
Add Vortex scope in Warne rings
Add bipod
i49.tinypic.com_35bxaw0.jpg

Sorry for crappy phone pics.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does she shoot? I basically did the same thing with a Remington 700 SD and it's more than adequate. I chose the same stock, so of course I think your rifle looks good.

I also have to say that I'm a fan of the accutriger. It's one of the better factory triggers out there.

Last edited:

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What caliber? How's it shooting? Looks nice
The rifle is put together for a friend

Hog Hunter @ Dick's - $449
B&C stock - $220
Farrel base - $60
Scope and rings - $340
$1100 turn-key rifle with every single piece with lifetime warranty! :naughty:

The barrel is called "medium" profile - but fills B&C channel very well and is centered.

It is 308.

Just got all the parts @ 5PM and yall expect me to shoot it?

Well we did .. LOL ... 33yards at H&H is not post worthy but at least it's on paper. I'll try have him come out this Saturday and shoot some benchrest after MBABR match at OKCGC.

deli_llama

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it looks great. I appreciate you posting this, and all the help you gave me in my thread about .308 rifle options. I opted for a different route than the Hog Hunter, solely based on price, and the things I would need replace regardless of gun. Walmart had a Savage 10 FXP for 397.00 which got me into the gun around 80 dollars less than any of the Hog Hunters I could find local. I am going in a slightly different direction than you, and have ordered a Boyd's Classic Stock in Forest Camo, and expect its arrival next week. I will post it once I get it mostly together as another build thread.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First time at the range. Quite a bit of learning curve for my friend - first time with the rifle, first time at the range, first time on the benchrest (that doesn't fit the rifle LOL). With a bit of work we can shrink these in half.

Misc loads from books in no particular order - just getting used to it.

i45.tinypic.com_2vwtwmd.jpg

P.S. Two "ungrouped" rounds are Winchester Razorback XT - man, the rifle really didn't like those ....

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
P.S. Two "ungrouped" rounds are Winchester Razorback XT - man, the rifle really didn't like those ....

Thank God I'm not the only one. I put some razorback dr through my .308 Hog haunted and had the same issue. It honestly would sling them to opposite corners of the 8" target I had set up. Terrible accuracy out of that ammo.

Federal GMM seemed to group fairly well though. Need to get it back out though to see if its really a shooter.