Saw a coyote this morning.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had run out to the South Tulsa/Bixby Walmart to pick up some items about 10:30 this morning. I returned home via S Sheridan Rd. Just after I turned the corner from 111th St. to go north on Sheridan, I saw what looked to be a dog on the west side of the road. I slowed down to study it and noticed that the "dog" had an unusually long and bushy tail. If there weren't cars behind me I might have tried to take a picture of it.

I meant to check earlier but got busy with the prep for my first cataract removal surgery tomorrow. I remembered a few minutes ago, looked it up on Google and, yep, I saw a coyote on the side of the road this morning.

The interesting thing is, there are a number of houses around that intersection but there's also a couple of wooded areas there, too. I wonder if the residents there know what's living nearby.

By the way, there wasn't a single Acme anvil to be seen anywhere nearby.
coyote-1-2.jpg

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to hear them all the time when I lived in Broken Arrow but this is the first time I've seen one up close.

My MIL's home is near Haiky creek in Broken Arrow. I've walked those woods. Lots of coyote scat.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not uncommon here in Bixby...was seeing them a few times a week last year when I was taking a different path to work but now I mostly here 'em in the evening. Almost weekly there's a notification on the Ring app about people "reporting" them in their yard or driveway.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I are doing our Summer work gig here in Alabama. We've been here in the state since late in April, driving roads just about every day. Oddly enough, we aren't seeing wildlife anywhere for the most part. Not even as road kill. The one exception was when we went to work a remote road, and on that occasion all we happened to see was a coyote at the edge of the road.

Where we have been working, there are lots of forests with trees lining both sides of the road, some of them pretty close to the road. Being the driver of the van, I have been somewhat concerned about a critter running out in front of us.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just remembered that about a week or two ago I saw a deer near the same intersection. I guess I'm still amazed how wild animals manage to live and hide in less-developed parts of the city.

Latest posts

Top Bottom