Say WHAT?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With this little tidbit, I wonder if anyone else here can come up with something to counter this claim?

Joe Biden - Proudest that the Obama Administration Had NO Scandals

For some reason, I seem to want to classify Fast and Furious as a scandal.

How about those "shovel ready" jobs that both Obama and Biden later had to acknowledge never existed?

Obamacare's VERY expensive website that wouldn't work?

Do any of the rest of you know of any other scandals to bring up?
Shades of Bill Clinton saying that his would be the most ethical administration in history. Yeah, right.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure wish I saw those savings, mine went up about 700-800 a year while my deductible jumped from 500 to 800 and my copays went up 5-10 bucks a visit.

We are looking at $980 a month with a $5000 deductible as a catastrophic plan and just pay for medical out of our pocket because she will never hit the deductible hopefully.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The individual mandate is gone. One could choose to be uninsured and work out a payment plan with the hospital if they wanted

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If old enough and you do not spend much time in the hospital, look into Medicare part C. Saving us a ton of money.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we retired, the wife was just 62, so no Medicare for her. She looked into the Obamacare exchanges in Colorado and her "best" option was to pay $250 a month for premiums and to deal with a $10,000 deductible. Meaning that she would have to pay $13,000 before Obamacare ever did anything for her.

She went "self-pay" and doctors and hospital gave at least a 50% discount and labs gave a 40% discount. Prescriptions were done through GoodRX.com and we saved a bunch there as well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
*whistles* Would be cheaper just to take the tax hit each year.

The only reason we are looking at it is because of the catastrophic issues that can happen at any age. It doesn't take much to run up a million dollars with a couple months stay in an intensive care ward with all the associated care. My youngest son had to do exactly that, so I know exactly what it costs. Then stack on the months of rehab, and there ya go. A lifetime of savings is gone in a few months.
No more fun trips, no more vacations, sell everything you've worked for and live the rest of your life on SS.
We will suck it up with the high premiums as we knew it was coming and had put money aside to cover her until she can reach medicare age.
Told her I was gonna have to trade her in on an older model that wasn't so expensive. She told me she was gonna trade me in on a younger model that was still working and had insurance through the employer!
I can't win....:crying:

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only reason we are looking at it is because of the catastrophic issues that can happen at any age. It doesn't take much to run up a million dollars with a couple months stay in an intensive care ward with all the associated care. My youngest son had to do exactly that, so I know exactly what it costs. Then stack on the months of rehab, and there ya go. A lifetime of savings is gone in a few months.
No more fun trips, no more vacations, sell everything you've worked for and live the rest of your life on SS.
We will suck it up with the high premiums as we knew it was coming and had put money aside to cover her until she can reach medicare age.
Told her I was gonna have to trade her in on an older model that wasn't so expensive. She told me she was gonna trade me in on a younger model that was still working and had insurance through the employer!
I can't win....:crying:

I can understand that. My wife has Type 2 and has had all the associated health issues with it. She goes to the doc every 4 months and is on several medications. One of the benefits of working for Cox is their insurance, its better than most government plans (but still not as good as congress even though I work 3 times as much as they do). Without that insurance her medication would be almost a good grand a month. I only have two more years to hit pension and might find a new job after that (my goal is to have two pensions going when I hit 65) but I won't take a job that has crap insurance just for this reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom