1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sbr ar stripped lower(??)

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by BUDMAN-BILL, Jun 4, 2015.

1. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Anything that an 07/02 FFL/SOT manufacturer makes is registered tax free on a Form 2 (they pay a yearly tax to make NFA weapons). However, if you want them to make you an AOW "shotty", it will have to be made off of a virgin receiver or a shotgun that left the factory with only a pistol grip (technically that is just a "firearm", not a shotgun). They cannot make an AOW out of you existing shotgun, because it would then be a SBS, not an AOW.

2. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Exactly. the Form 4 to transfer the SBR has to have a barrel length and overall length listed. A stripped receiver does not have either one of these measurements, so it cannot be an SBR. You would have to lie (i.e. perjure yourself on a federal document) by listing a nonexistent barrel/overall length in order to transfer an "SBR Receiver".

3. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Sharpshooter

This is what I did. Built a stripped lower as pistol to put my short upper on. Then I waited, and waited, and waited, and waited some more. Finally got my stamp so I could put the shorty upper on my now legal SBR lower. Then I traded my AR pistol to a friend for a SWEET S&W 25-2.:woohoo1:

4. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    No, yeah, I knew that... was just curious how that worked on their end. Still want one, though, just for the hell of it.

5. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If YOU were to make an AOW on a form-1, you would have to pay the $200.00 "making" fee. As said earlier, it would have to be made from a virgin receiver. If you found a licensed 07/02 to make it for you, then all you would have to pay is the $5.00 transfer fee.

Or, if you wanted the option to switch and swap from a stock to pistol grip and back again with a short barrel, you could always make and register it as a short barreled shotgun which would still be $200.00 for "making" it and if it were ever transferred, it would cost $200.00.

6. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    fify.