SBR Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

young64

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just received my Form 1 back approved but was a little confused. Do you have to engrave your name, city, and town before you assemble the rifle? Either way, I have a Bulgy Krink that I need to put together now and the name of a good engraver would be nice. This is also my first Krink to assemble and was looking to see if there was anyone around the OKC area willing to help (pizza and beer provided of course).

young64

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In what reg does it say that it has to be done before approval? I'm currently reading the NFA handbook and I don't see any guidance on when it should be accomplished, only what has to be on there.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not believe there is a timeline specified, but technically it is not an NFA weapon until it is assembled. All you have right now is approval to assemble it. You could change your mind, notify ATF that you never assembled it and request a refund of your $200. I can not recommend an engraver in OKC as I have always sent my receivers off to be engraved while waiting for the form 1.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Contact MAS Gunworks. They are members of this board and they can direct you to a local engraver who could probably do it while you wait. I wait till I have an approved Form-1 before I engrave anything.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just to be sure, I'd contact BATFE and ask them. Regulations change frequently.
When I did mine two years ago, all that was required was first initial, last name, city and state.
Now I'm hearing that they want your full first name, last name, city and state.

I have no idea about the trust part of it since I've never gone the trust route.

Latest posts

Top Bottom