Sbr...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could also have the dealer or a buddy hold on to the upper while you wait for the stamp if you find a good deal. Or you could buy a virgin receiver and built it into a pistol and shoot it without a stock until your stamp comes in. Then slap on a stock and boom, SBR.

stewball

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only ones I've seen usually have the "trust" engraved on the receiver. How does an individual sell a weapon like this, or can it be sold. How does that work?

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only ones I've seen usually have the "trust" engraved on the receiver. How does an individual sell a weapon like this, or can it be sold. How does that work?

The person who has their trust or individual name engraved on the receiver built the SBR on a Form 1 and hence they are the maker of the Title 2 firearm just as Colt, Bushmaster, etc.. was the manufacturer of the Title 1 firearm that was SBR'd. Makers/manufacturers are required to engrave their info on the firearm. If the individual/trust wants to sell the firearm it would simply transfer out on a Form 4. The markings remain as they were still the maker of the Title 2 firearm.

For example, Remington made my 870 and has their info on the receiver. I filed a Form 1 to make it an SBS and my info is engraved on there as well. If I were to sell it to you we would fill out a Form 4 and transfer when it is approved. No other engraving would be required.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is Constructive Possession, not Constructive Intent. Contructive Intent is a commonly misused term.

Semantics dude, seriously. Is it really that important to use the exact term from the law? Or will people get the point? Is this a "I know more about BATFE" pissing match?
The definitions of the two are exactly the same: The power to control without actual possession.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Semantics dude, seriously. Is it really that important to use the exact term from the law? Or will people get the point? Is this a "I know more about BATFE" pissing match, cause when you start arguing semantics, it seems like it is. If so, FAIL.

The definitions of the two are exactly the same: The power to control without actual possession.

I am in no pissing match with you and I apologize if I offended you in any way. I was just trying to keep folks from perpetuating incorrect terms. I actually do believe it is important to use the exact term from the law and I see so much incorrect info posted in regards to NFA stuff that I am just trying to help.

Since you seem to have a personal problem with me I will not bother to respond to any more posts you make.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in no pissing match with you and I apologize if I offended you in any way. I was just trying to keep folks from perpetuating incorrect terms. I actually do believe it is important to use the exact term from the law and I see so much incorrect info posted in regards to NFA stuff that I am just trying to help.

Since you seem to have a personal problem with me I will not bother to respond to any more posts you make.

Sorry. A month of sleepless nights from a newborn and other daily frustrations took control of the words I used.

I agree, the term used in the law is most likely best, but it is semantical.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry. A month of sleepless nights from a newborn and other daily frustrations took control of the words I used.

I agree, the term used in the law is most likely best, but it is semantical.

:kiss: No problem. I understand (I have a sick wife and 9 year old daughter right now).

I am going to be taking a break from the site for a while though. It just isn't as enjoyable as it was years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom