Sbr ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going with the 11.5" with an AAC M4-2000 with the brake style QD to be a little more gentle with the supressor. Approximately what would be the difference in velocity with 12.5 vs. 11.5?

Depending on the load, probably around 70fps or so. Also, with the longer dwell time of a 12.5" vs an 11.5" it should be more reliable. You would probably not notice any reliability issues until you get it really dirty (which suppressors tend to do).

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I think if I go full auto, I'm going with a receiver, that way I won't have to SBR any other rifles, and then I can just swap any upper onto the FA lower.

Just for clarification, my understanding is that if he does this, any others non SBR or FA lowers must have rifle length uppers if he has more than one SBR upper (for the FA lower). IE, he can't have extra SBR uppers, and spare lowers laying around.

Am I remembering this correctly?

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just for clarification, my understanding is that if he does this, any others non SBR or FA lowers must have rifle length uppers if he has more than one SBR upper (for the FA lower). IE, he can't have extra SBR uppers, and spare lowers laying around.

Am I remembering this correctly?

You are basically correct. You must have a legal use for all of your configurations. In other words, if he has 1 complete rifle length AR and 1 complete short barreled M16 and a couble of spare short uppers for the M16, he is fine. If he then went out and bought a rifle lower (without an upper) then he now has a problem as he has all of the parts to assemble an unregistered SBR since he does not have a rifle length upper for the new lower (he only has the short uppers).

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I think if I go full auto, I'm going with a receiver, that way I won't have to SBR any other rifles, and then I can just swap any upper onto the FA lower.

I don't own one, but IMO the RR is the way to go. RDIAS and RLLs are still awesome, but the RR is just easier and just generally awesomer if nothing else.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't own one, but IMO the RR is the way to go. RDIAS and RLLs are still awesome, but the RR is just easier and just generally awesomer if nothing else.

Yea,,.... The LL seems real delicate for the $ and the Dias can easily be more then the RR

If it were me I'd have the RR no question about it.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea,,.... The LL seems real delicate for the $ and the Dias can easily be more then the RR

If it were me I'd have the RR no question about it.

+1. In my humble opinion the RR is the way to go.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v389_CAR_AR_M16_IMG_2223.jpg

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CAR! your pictures are digging a knife in my side that has been there for quite some time. 10mmphil let me shoot his at the silencer shoot and now I need one bad! It's just so much money and I have yet to hear my wife let go all the crap I've bought this year. Maybe Santa?...... Ive been a good boy all year.... Awh who am I kidding I'm screwed....

Ok you can continue the thread now

Latest posts

Top Bottom