Scalping Corvettes: Chevrolet Will Void Owner's Warranty If They Flip Corvette Z06

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
it's the same reason guys get pissed when they get taken by a motor swapped miata or an s2k.

"you just have the balls to drive more on the edge than me; my car costs too much!"

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Theirs are a Sunday go to Meeting and Saturday under a shade tree at the lake vehicles.
I hate that folks are worried about the future value a mass produced car more than they enjoy driving it. I told my wife I’ll drive mine until the motor pops and then get a new motor.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Manufacturers or those supporting telling anyone how much they can sell a product for that they already purchased. We do not need price control’s. We need people to votewith their wallets.
It all depends on how it was done. As Steve Lehto points out in his video, GM has some smart lawyers, so this was almost certainly an up-front stipulation in the sales agreement, not some "after the sale" action (which would most likely be unenforceable).

So, we have a buyer and a seller who mutually agreed to the terms of the sale. Who's the authoritarian in this deal?

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It all depends on how it was done. As Steve Lehto points out in his video, GM has some smart lawyers, so this was almost certainly an up-front stipulation in the sales agreement, not some "after the sale" action (which would most likely be unenforceable).

So, we have a buyer and a seller who mutually agreed to the terms of the sale. Who's the authoritarian in this deal?
If I spend my money on goods, I will do what I want with it. It is not the place of a manufacturer to dictate what a customer can or cannot do. They may make suggestions or requests, however it should stop right there.
If You a corvette today for $10,000 and sell it tomorrow to me for $20,000 so be it. I chose to buy it for that. No one forced me.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I spend my money on goods, I will do what I want with it. It is not the place of a manufacturer to dictate what a customer can or cannot do. They may make suggestions or requests, however it should stop right there.
And that's all they can do, unless you agree to allow them to make restrictions on what you can do with it, which is apparently what has happened here.

If you don't like the terms of the agreement, then don't agree to it--that is, either negotiate them out of the stipulations you don't like or don't buy the car. Nobody is holding a gun to anybody's head; this is all voluntary.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And that's all they can do, unless you agree to allow them to make restrictions on what you can do with it, which is apparently what has happened here.

If you don't like the terms of the agreement, then don't agree to it--that is, either negotiate them out of the stipulations you don't like or don't buy the car. Nobody is holding a gun to anybody's head; this is all voluntary.
I agree.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really getting sick of this crud. Basically GM is saying not only do you not own the vehicle, we own the vehicle and you the customer. This is part of the new elitist philosophy, "You will own nothing and like it."

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friend tried to drive this one of his but not often enough to keep things from breaking.
1659830439156.png

His wife mentioned I must spend a lot of time and money keeping my 1957 chevy running
as much as I drive it.
I told her I did very little to it after it was on the road.
Jump in and go on down the road, very reliable.

I had a 76 Corvette and the body panel lines were horrible to line up and I found out
they were all like that from the factory.

I spent months doing body work to make things right and ended up selling it to a buddy of mine and he cut a hole in the hood and now has a tunnel-ram and 2 fours sticking out .

Much better.

1659830696058.png

1659830738973.png

You should have lots of fun with your corvette.
This one will swap ends on you quick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom