SCAM ALERT AGAIN : Endurance extended vehicle warranty letter scam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Due to this company's shady business practices I am posting this here. Some of you have relatives and friends that might appreciate this warning.

They did it again. This is the second time I've received a letter from ENDURANCE. I surely thought after the tongue lashing I gave them last time telling them to list me as NIH, (not Interested, Hostile).

https://www.endurancewarranty.com/

The scam is they assign you a fake customer ID number then warn you their (EVSP)
Extended Vehicle Service Plan is going to have a price increase Jan, 30th 2020
. Then they warn you after that date they will not be able to honor the service contract pricing designed specifically for your vehicle.

Please call 1 833 201 1652 so we can hold your ESVP contract at the lowest program rates.

Then it goes on to explain about the extended warranty after factory warranties expire.

Then they say No vehicle inspection is required and No fee option payment is available.

In my opinion this is underhanded and deceiving especially to people that don't realize they have arbitrarily assigned a customer number to you then this scare letter to get you to call in. During the call they obtain information about your vehicle and then determine if they are going to let you "continue" your "contract" with them.

At the very bottom of the page in fine print one of the sentences is, "this is an advertisement to obtain coverage."

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure, once you realize what it is. What about the people that think their non existent vehicle warranty or dealer supplied vehicle warranty is about to increase in price? What about those people who have a vehicle warranty already with another company that are confused by the wording of this letter and panic because they are on a fixed income then obtain a second warranty?

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tell them that the ole trusty 1977 Dodge Dart was starting to really smoke heavily and that I would love to get it replaced under their warranty. I don’t have any money being on a fixed income but I’d be interested to hear about payment plans Thats when they always hang up on me

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got my Toyota corolla in 2000 it was a 1995 Got it at a dealer.
The thing had 74,000 miles on it and they tried to sell me a warranty for 100,000 miles.

No thanks.. I told the guy I could leave the same oil and filter in it and drive the snot out of it and it will last past 100,000 miles.
I have 332,000 miles on it now.
I do buy auto parts with life time warranties though.
Call me a sucker..but I do collect on those warranties ,, could be I drive my cars until the doors fall off.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it isn't from a dealer it is worthless, I've read articles where people have bought one of these extended warranties and when they had car problems found the company went bankrupt and she had to pay the going rte to get her care repaired. There are a very few not from a dealer that are worthy of looking at but if you have a Toyota who need a warranty? A Toyota will outlast any warranty, it simply isn't needed or necessary but the dealer always offer it after sitting for an hour they'll finally accept "NO."

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Step 1. Open junk mail. (Credit card apps, extended warranty, AARP, NRA ILA etc.)
Step 2. Take entire contents including original envelope and place in the enclosed pre-paid no postage necessary envelope.
Step 3. Place said pre-paid no postage necessary envelope back on mailbox.
Step 4. Tell the postman that in this digital age, you are helping him keep his job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom