SCAM ALERT AGAIN : Endurance extended vehicle warranty letter scam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tell them I have a 2018 Bugatti Veyron, a 1988 Ferrari F40 and a 2016 Rolls Drophead Coupe. They hang up on me

I've used this same tactic, if I have time, I will waste theirs. Heck if a Bugatti Veyron oil change costs $20k, and tires which don't last very long at all cost around $40k, and some service needs might involve shipping the car off to France, maybe an extended warranty would help.

OhNo

New to the site!
Reaction score
Due to this company's shady business practices I am posting this here. Some of you have relatives and friends that might appreciate this warning.

They did it again. This is the second time I've received a letter from ENDURANCE. I surely thought after the tongue lashing I gave them last time telling them to list me as NIH, (not Interested, Hostile).

Endurance® Extended Car Warranty Pays For Auto Repairs | Endurance

The scam is they assign you a fake customer ID number then warn you their (EVSP)
Extended Vehicle Service Plan is going to have a price increase Jan, 30th 2020
. Then they warn you after that date they will not be able to honor the service contract pricing designed specifically for your vehicle.

Please call 1 833 201 1652 so we can hold your ESVP contract at the lowest program rates.

Then it goes on to explain about the extended warranty after factory warranties expire.

Then they say No vehicle inspection is required and No fee option payment is available.

In my opinion this is underhanded and deceiving especially to people that don't realize they have arbitrarily assigned a customer number to you then this scare letter to get you to call in. During the call they obtain information about your vehicle and then determine if they are going to let you "continue" your "contract" with them.

At the very bottom of the page in fine print one of the sentences is, "this is an advertisement to obtain coverage."
They had me for a minute. I knew I paid my premium in full when I bought my car so I was wondering what was up with this letter. No business info matched my policy#, phone# etc. THEN MY SCAM ALERT RADAR WENT OFF and here I am talking with you. Thank you for the "this is an advertisement to obtain coverage." I never read the full letter so I missed the fine print at the bottom. Thanks again for your confirmation of a scam-scar tactic.:angry3:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
They had me for a minute. I knew I paid my premium in full when I bought my car so I was wondering what was up with this letter. No business info matched my policy#, phone# etc. THEN MY SCAM ALERT RADAR WENT OFF and here I am talking with you. Thank you for the "this is an advertisement to obtain coverage." I never read the full letter so I missed the fine print at the bottom. Thanks again for your confirmation of a scam-scar tactic.:angry3:
If I can help just one person I'm happy but I would love to shut these a holes down.

Kellygirl

Marksman
Reaction score
Today, Aug 28, 2021, got one of these letters. At first I thought Oh no a price increase then I thought..wait a minute, I dont recognize this company. I called the # at 9PM, went to voicemail (I probably should not have done that). I only did that to see if someone would answer for customer service on the other side of the planet. The changes on this letter as opposed to others posting here is the fine print does not say "this is an advertisement". It does say in the body of the small print that they are a marketing company. I would have put it in the paid postage envelope but...there was not one. They know we are looking for "advertisement and a paid postage envelope". I the recycle it goes.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pass by this ancient mailbox every day on my walks. The old rusty box is nailed to an oak that has to be 150 years old. After 6 years of passing it by I decided to open the box to see if anything was inside, after all, there isn’t even a house nearby to which it could possibly serve anyway. Any home it serviced was long ago torn down I’m sure.

I noticed an ancient letter inside I looked at the postmark date and it said July 7, 1903. Due to age and moisture the addressee on the envelope was not readable, so I opened up the envelope hoping to find some local history and a good story I could share with you.

Here is what the letter inside said.

“We at Carriage Shield hate to be the bearer of bad news Mr. Mallard but the warranty on your buggy has expired. Please take a few minutes to sign up for our 2-horse plan and never worry about those expensive wheel, harness, and horseshoe repairs again."

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to keep some random car warranty company on the phone for 18 minutes, they even passed me to their "finance manager" to close the sale. Now if a call from anyone sneaks through I tell them I don't own a car, I use UBER everywhere I go.

Also, try answering the phone "Dominos Pizza" and try to take their order.

Jeong

New to the site!
Banned
Reaction score
Hello. I got this mail also and was so scared bc I don’t recognize this company. I called them. Thanks god that I was reading your post while I was calling them.
They said my coverage plan needs to be upgraded bc blah blah.
I asked ‘wait, you are just offering the insurance right?’ And she became little angry and starting talk a lot and super fast.
And when I said ‘can I call you back? I want to call my dealer first’ and then she said ‘no. This call is recording and the upgrade is ONLY available while this call. What is holding you down?’. This sounds suspicious so I just hung up.
I agree that this is just a scam.
Thank you so much for your post❤️

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
there are commercials on tv for extended warranties just like the gold clad coins, newly found gold silver coins.. you'll be sorry you didn't hop on the train hype.

Latest posts

Top Bottom