• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

[Sale/Trade] Scammer response

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Valued members, we are having a hard time keeping the spammers, scammers and con artists in check. If any one of you even sniff a little stench let the mod group know ASAP. Folks at this point I/we/mods would say unless you know the person or it is a known reputable business we suggest keeping all transactions to a "face to face " cash only basis. It is only a suggestion but buyer beware, we are being hammered constantly by these dirtbags.

We do not want to limit legit new contributing members with post counts but if any of you folks with some ideas on how we can help discourage these jokers please chime in.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Require us to send a pic of us infront of a state landmark to the mods before we have permission to sell. Eishens sign, Pops, state park entrance, etc
And on that note I do a buttload of driving to all corners for work, landmark pictures will start at $5 a pop, $10 for ones without toes in them.

I do like this idea though, requiring some type of photo proof maybe with a date or time stamp so they can’t pull crap from Google. It could be faked but it would take more effort than most of them want to invest

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I will also add a note that I’ve had 2 experiences in the last few weeks where I had put my cell number and was asked by phone I would meet at the buyer at x location (Apartment complex both times) for a higher price than listed. So just keep your wits about y’all, and if you ever feel like you need a buddy for security get in touch with one of the other Okshooters guys (and gals) you know to go with you for safety👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom