• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

[Sale/Trade] Scammer response

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Valued members, we are having a hard time keeping the spammers, scammers and con artists in check. If any one of you even sniff a little stench let the mod group know ASAP. Folks at this point I/we/mods would say unless you know the person or it is a known reputable business we suggest keeping all transactions to a "face to face " cash only basis. It is only a suggestion but buyer beware, we are being hammered constantly by these dirtbags.

We do not want to limit legit new contributing members with post counts but if any of you folks with some ideas on how we can help discourage these jokers please chime in.

So with this incredible influx of new members here for the classifieds only, are we going to do something about this or nah?

We got guys joining and then posting in the classifieds less than 15 minutes later.

I don't have the answer, but someone needs to figure something out. It's getting out of hand.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
So with this incredible influx of new members here for the classifieds only, are we going to do something about this or nah?

We got guys joining and then posting in the classifieds less than 15 minutes later.

I don't have the answer, but someone needs to figure something out. It's getting out of hand.
TGT does a min of 30 days and 25 posts...but their member count is all of TX and surrounding states so they have the ability. They also give the opportunity for new members to post ads immediately if they pay for a Lifetime membership - $100.
If one gets a 2yr membership, they can post ads after like 1 week plus 5 posts or something like that - like $30 or something. They will boot a MF in a heartbeat if anything nefarious seems going on, like selling across state lines without an FFL and such. They also monitor IPs for the repeat offenders and trolls.

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0

Pretty rough battle between growing membership and running people off ...
There are tools for the members to use to ignore these folks and we do what we can to weed out the scammers .
There are also cases where people come on here and make good on deals.......
The "answer" is a moving target and the ownership does work with us and has changed the rules to try to alleviate some of the issue's.

Firemedic712

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 97.4%
37   1   0
Pretty rough battle between growing membership and running people off ...
There are tools for the members to use to ignore these folks and we do what we can to weed out the scammers .
There are also cases where people come on here and make good on deals.......
The "answer" is a moving target and the ownership does work with us and has changed the rules to try to alleviate some of the issue's.
Maybe not get on to people that actually introduce themselves as classifieds users. I never even introduced myself because of that, and ive been here four years. Not everyone is a social butterfly, but they still contribute to the success of the community. Give them a chance to see if they want to drop $20 or not.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
This has happened twice now. Someone created an account and sent me a message then delete their account. I still get the email to see what it says and they give an email address to contact.

Attachments

• EC4AA632-631C-41A4-B93C-DC9C8470A319.png
    EC4AA632-631C-41A4-B93C-DC9C8470A319.png
    650.6 KB · Views: 0

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
This has happened twice now. Someone created an account and sent me a message then delete their account. I still get the email to see what it says and they give an email address to contact.
If you will report these we can spam delete them from the forum. Just hit the Report button at the bottom of the message.

We try to delete all spam type accounts such as this one as soon as possible. That may be why they disappear after you see their post.

Last edited:

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To bad someone that actually lives in Oklahoma is the owner.
A lot of you members know that I live in Idaho. To buy or sell in Idaho all that is required is a Drivers License .I am a member on Zidaho. I am also a Gold paying member of ARFcom. (AR15.com) since 2003. I joined Oklahoma Shooters in June 2022. I as well as a lot of users on OKS don't like being scammed like I was on ArmsList on a buy a few years ago. I don't know the answer but I have never had a problem with buying or selling on either of the three sites I go on. If I do FTF its easy with just showing DL's and if I say I am shipping a firearm from in or out of state it is only FFL to FFL. I have had buyers coming from Oregon and Washington state and people coming in from California and New jersey and New York with the mindset that "one can drive to Idaho and just buy a firearm no questions asked"! Having to drive to meet FTF and find a Kalifornian on the other end really pisses me off. It is a scary world out there so be wary. I think ARFcom has a lot of insight to buying and selling firearms. Good Luck and Stay Safe!

Latest posts

Top Bottom